Hm Fhoenix or Treefree Exmoor???

SandraQ

Mar 19, 2021
Have any of you got experience of these saddles - what are the good points/bad points? Are they easy to fit to your horse? How do they ride (for horse and rider)?

Thanks šŸ˜Š

Hi
i have. Fhoenix. Currently using it on a 12,2HH pony but only until I can get a saddle fitter out.
it fits her nicely and she goes well in it but I now prefer the stability on a treed saddle. It didnā€™t fit my traditional cob well at all. He has a much broader back and it would have needed shimming in order for it not to tip the rider forward.
treeless saddles should still be fitted by an expert as they do usually need some form of shimming.

I find the Fhoenix very comfortable and easy to ride it. Very lightweight. Downsides are that itā€™s difficult to mount from the ground when out hacking, the saddle can sometimes slip if on a big barrelled horse, no way would I attempt a decent size jump in one, but ok for schooling, dressage and hacking.
no experience of the other one.

Hi, thanks for that itā€™s very helpful. Iā€™m struggling with saddle fit at the moment as my horse grows. Iā€™ve picked a Fhoenix up now but not tried it on her yet. I will get an online consultation with Heather Moffet about fitting! Fingers crossed šŸ¤ž

newrider.com