Hit air after sales service

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
Is extraordinary good IMO.

As some of you might recall, after my incident with the dog and leaping of Dolly to chase it away, I was more than a little concerned that my Hit air didn't inflate.

So I contacted Hit Air in Japan and they asked me for pictures of myself in the saddle with the lanyard attached, and they confirmed that the lanyard was too long for me. They were also concerned that the vest is now over three years old and hadn't been serviced. They offered to service the vest, replace any out of date parts and send me a shorter, more up to date lanyard, if I was happy to pay the postage top them in Japan they would pay for return postage.

So I posted it off on the 29th September for E20 postage and received it back today, serviced, some inner parts replaced, and two new lanyards, a saddle strap to attach it to, a new instruction book, and a new allen key and screw for replacing cylinder after it is used.

I think they deserve ten out of ten for after sales service, the shop I originally bought it from weren't interested, nor did they originally supply me with the instruction book for lanyard length or the correct allen key and screw to change the cylinder.

Just handing out praise where it is due! I would thoroughly recommend the company and the product, now I know it works!:)

Good customer experience is gold dust, and well worth commenting on it when you find it. Glad to hear they've restored your faith in them. Just so glad nothing bad happened before it came to this point!

Oh. Are we supposed to service them? :p I self service mine everytime it goes off 'oh yes it works, excellent'!!! I must admit, I got given a free lanyard at burghley by a hitair rep as mine fell apart and lost part of it in the yard for a day or two. I've never had to actually contact hitair mind since buying, so I'm glad they're good!

That's super service Cortrasna, have been looking at these myself for ages and it's nice to read the after sales service is so good.

Always nice to hear BE100 level (i.e. big). Her air jacket was about 2 years old and completely failed to go off when she fell. Luckily she wasn't hurt, but it was apparently her fault because she had never had her jacket serviced. I will stick to my trusty body protector I think.

thats good to hear! Lots of people don’t seem to realise that the lanyard has to be short enough for the jacket to work. Hitair uk were really making sure mine was and got me to send pics too. I now have a child’s lanyard.. on the shortest adjustment.. with a knot in it!

Reactions: Cortrasna
newrider.com