Highland Pony owners?

Not quite what you asked for, but I find Highlands fall broadly into two categories - average XW fit with a hint of wither, this type goes in a moderately flat tree with a moderately wide head (our medium twust tree) and the XXW+ fit with no wither tends to be flatter needing a flat (front to back) hoop (wide pommel and twist) tree. I have fitted the odd one with a neater narrower tree, although still usually an XXW fit, a few, mostly with some muscle loss, are W fits.

Both pones in Kent & Masters cob GP saddles, 18 inch. Arns in XXW, Corry in XW.
Most comfy saddle I have ever sat on, flattish seat so great for big bums like mine.

We are proffesional plodders but these saddles are relatively straight cut and so a good compromise if you want to show too.

Not quite what you asked for, but I find Highlands fall broadly into two categories - average XW fit with a hint of wither, this type goes in a moderately flat tree with a moderately wide head (our medium twust tree) and the XXW+ fit with no wither tends to be flatter needing a flat (front to back) hoop (wide pommel and twist) tree. I have fitted the odd one with a neater narrower tree, although still usually an XXW fit, a few, mostly with some muscle loss, are W fits.

Please dont worry I am not trying to do a self fit or anything like that just which saddles are more suited to the breed in general then I can buy one and have a saddle fitter out :)

Both pones in Kent & Masters cob GP saddles, 18 inch. Arns in XXW, Corry in XW.
Most comfy saddle I have ever sat on, flattish seat so great for big bums like mine.

We are proffesional plodders but these saddles are relatively straight cut and so a good compromise if you want to show too.

I have the leather TG version of this saddle and love it, I want to get an 17 1/2... 18 inch if she will fit in one but again that is up to the saddler as to what will fit her :)

She will be hopefully doing a bit of veteran showing and walk/trot ridden test but other than that hacking .....so thatnk you for your reply :smile:

Not much use to you really as I eventually gave up on treed saddles ( had 5 of the d**n things during the his maturing phase ) & bought a treeless saddle an Exmoor Treefree. Sadly this wouldn't be accepted for show classes I think & the only ones that would do would be the Heather Moffett Vogue which are expensive but look as if they're treed. Ben is a rarity in that he has withers but of course he also has the Highland shoulders which mean that anything that reaches them moves from side to side at the back.

I covet a Highland and Cob saddle but at present have a hand made WH in XW but its more like XXW. 17" and can't go bigger due to his length
Not handmade for him but must have been a similar sized neddy somewhere else.
WH fits behind the shoulder better

newrider.com