Hi -Vis

LokiSofi

Oct 11, 2003
New forest
Where can you get lots of hi-vis items cheaply other than ebay?

Now I have Misty it means I plan on going out hacking a lot etc and I like to have plenty of hi-vis anyway but seem to of lost my tabards in the move and my horsey hi vis items wont fit Moo so need to buy more.
Misty is a tad nervous on the roads (though does nothing wrong) so I would like to make sure we are as visible as possible.
Does anyone know of anywhere we can get hi vis items cheaply?

Google and buy your own material, very cheap and start sewing, you can make loads of things very cheaply. Could even offer things to others on the yard. I made quite a few things this way. :) I also chopped up larger ones to make smaller ones for pony when big horse went. Has anyone got some left over from previous horses for a fiver?

Google and buy your own material, very cheap and start sewing, you can make loads of things very cheaply. Could even offer things to others on the yard. I made quite a few things this way. :) I also chopped up larger ones to make smaller ones for pony when big horse went. Has anyone got some left over from previous horses for a fiver?

I did think about making my own only problem is I am rubbish at sewing and do not posess a sewing machine, otherwise I'd give it a go.

ask someone who does and give them some material and a fiver for the sewing.

you can hand sew a hat band and various small horsey bits. or use glue to put on velcro tape that you can buy as well that way no sewing! my reins browband, noseband, tailpiece are with velcro, as well as simple across the shoulder hi viz on me, I made them all from a large exercise sheet. but most of time wear shop bought 'waistcoat' for going out.

you can cut down a large horse hivis exercise sheet and then glue the edges under with fabric glue as well, you can also add on to a smaller one that way. try and pic one up at horsey markets or bootsales. put on add in your livery for old hivis stuff.

I have a brand new large hiviz exercise sheet which is lined which you could have if you were closer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Travis Perkins (building merchants) do cheap hi viz gear. Nowt for neddy of course, but the suggestions by kturner are good.

Yup, make them!

Just to show off again (posted elsewhere already) though still a couple of tiny jobs needed to finish it so it doesn't slide around:

IMG00005.jpg

I'll be making legbands too if I can just remember which eBay seller I got the reflective tape from :rolleyes:

Cost just £8 :cool:

newrider.com