help with rug sizes

M

missyL

i am looking to buy a rug but the sizes are in small, medium or larfe. my horse takes a 5'3 rug so what would he need, small, medium or large?:confused:

and also, what is 5'3 in inches? i am really bad at maths so have no idea how to work it out:rolleyes:

thanks chev, i have yet another question. i want a mesh cooler but they only come in 5'0 and 5'6 and as i said before my horse is a 5'3. it only has a fastening at the front, would i be ok to go for a slightly smaller rug or a slighlty larger rug?

i dont like buying from ebay, but thanks for the suggestion. as this rug doesn't have any surcingles or fillet string then would it be ok if it was 3 inches too small for my horse?

Mesh coolers only come in set sizes, usually 6" apart. I think 5'6 is a medium.

I'd definintly got for the size bigger - they often come up a little small. If it's too too big you could move the buckles back a little to make it smaller.

ok, thanks pink's lady, i didn't know that, suppose i could always send it back if it is too big and try the smaller one...:rolleyes:

S,M,L sizes will vary depending on the brand (think of the variance in women's clothes - horsey stuff will be no different!) I would think a bit too big would be more comfy for your horse than a bit small (less to rub etc)

The manufacturer or seller should have a sizing chart or some contact details so you can phone/email for more info.

newrider.com