Help!!! Sarcoids!!!

ZoomZoom

Apr 1, 2008
A few questions here:

1) My youngster has a sarcoid just beside her udder. The vet had a look at this back in may and said that it could be frozen off in winter and that it wasn't a problem. However i've recently noticed, due to the increase in flies, the sarcoid has increased in size (was about a 5p size now just slightly bigger) and half of it is pink coloured and the other is black. With Zeta being a dark bay her skin colour is mostly black..so why has it changed colour?
Moreover she seems to rest her right hind whenever i touch it..do you think its become painful for her?
What is my best source of action here?

2) My shetland pony has a small melanoma in her rear end bless her. It would be the size of a two pence. It doesn't seem to be causing her any problems passing anything and she doesn't mind it being touched. Is there any cause for concern?

Thanks so much for advice, i really need it!

In my experience the sarcoid has changed colour because its becoming ready to fall off. Please don't take this as your horse is clear of sarcoids because often, with certain types of sarcoid this is a route they follow n then return. Have u checked him totally over for anymore? All I would say is you need excellent fly control of the sarcoid and any cuts that your horse may get:D:D
The melanoma I think they tend to generally leave alone unless its causing a problem? My horse was diagnosed with a melanoma n it turned out to be a sarcoid on removal so....:confused:

Yeah checked her all over and there seems to be only the one. It's changed back to it's original colour so not too sure whats going on.

I put on fly cream everyday to keep the flies off of it and any cuts ido the same with.

I'll just keep a watchful eye on them both =]

thank you

newrider.com