Help re swelling... got a show tomorro!

pinkypug1

Sep 16, 2007
Northern Ireland
Hi, i noticed 2 very slightly raised areas about 2cm above my mares fetlock joint on one of her rear legs. the raised areas are beside each other with a small space in between. i noticed them about 3/4 days ago.

She hasnt been lame but im worrying it mite be the start of sesamoidtisis :eek:!

Maybe im worrying for nothing as she is not lame & there is no heat etc its just odd as it wasnt there before and she fine when i put pressure on it, iv got a show tomorrow just 90cm/1m as she is not lame do you think i should take her??

Just want some advice, thanks in advance :)

What do they feel like? Hard of like fluidy, they sound a bit like what my pony has, thouroughpins he has one in the same place as you've said and on his hock.

He's also sound, doesnt react when you touch them and no heat.

What do they feel like? Hard of like fluidy, they sound a bit like what my pony has, thouroughpins he has one in the same place as you've said and on his hock.

He's also sound, doesnt react when you touch them and no heat.

They are softish but not filled with lots of fluid as they are quite shallow swellings. i researched throughpins but said they are conditions of the hock area whereas mine is a the fetlock

Can't quite work out exactly where they are but could they be wind galls? Has she been running round in the field recently when the ground's quite hard? If they are wind galls you can use a cooling gel or clay to try and take the swelling down.

newrider.com