Help - My Food Challenge!

Flipo's Mum

Heavy owner of a Heavy
Aug 17, 2009
Perthshire, Scotland
I'm not due to get paid until tomorrow so am trying to make do with store cupboard ingrediants for my tea, last night and tonight. I just wondered if anyone has any bright ideas what I could concoct from the following I have lying about.....

Fridge
Carrots
Pepper
Feta cheese
Cheddar Cheese
Philadelphia (a wee bit left)
Butter/ Marg
Milk
Bottle of Baileys lol

Cupboards
One sweet potato
Pasta - spaghetti, fusilli, lasange
Rice
Tortilla wraps
Cashew nuts

Lemon Juice
Balsamic vinegar
Lea and Perrins
Various spices and herbs - oregano, paprika, parsley, cinnamin, coriander, curry powder
Cornflour, plain flour
White sauce mix
Piri Piri sauce

Freezer
quorn pieces
quorn mince
quorn sausages

I'm quite lacking in the cookery skills department, but last night I managed to make bread - I'm quite proud of that achievement!

Roast the pepper and carrots so nice and chargrilled to give some flavour then make up a sort of bolognese sauce with the Quinn mix and plenty of herbs. White sauce with Philly in to make it extra creamy, then make up a lasagne with cheese on top with the mince and white sauce, and if all else fails drink the bottle of Baileys, maybe even start on that during the process to enhance final flavours!! :wink:

Ooooh there's alsorts there, I'd probably cook some mince with various spices to taste and then stuff into a pepper and roast until the pepper is cooked sprinkling a bit of cheese on top when nearly done to melt.

I would probably have a go at a sort of stir fry - grate the carrot and cut the pepper into small slices, add some lemon juice and coriander and throw in some Quorn pieces - if you have any onion to add that would have been nice, but I don't think I see any on your list. I would also chuck a bit of something spicy in there - paprika maybe and a dash of the piri piri (can you tell I love hot food!) and then when you serve it up, cut some small chunks of feta and arrange them around the side of the plate - you might be glad of the blandness / coolness after all that firey mouthful!:giggle: I would probably not be full off this so would have some pasta on the side cooked and then tossed with some balsamic vinegar - and a bit of salt and pepper. If you want to be really greedy then grate some cheddar on top of the pasta too!
And it goes without saying that the Baileys must be drunk whilst preparing all this and then finished off when meal eaten.........................

Quorn Chicken pasta -

cook pasta, use remainder of philli (if there is enough) and splash of milk to make it go further as sauce mix. Throw in a bit of pepper, and quorn chicken. Mix togther. top with cheddar cheese and season with pepper.

Sweet potato chips , and sausages

cut up sweet spud into chips, dump on a tray in the oven. Sprinkle with paprika. Cook sausages

sweet potato cheesy- pizza-ish goodness

cut potato in half, dump on baking tray and cook for around (200 degrees ) 45 mins in the oven. Top with remainder of pepper and cheddar cheese. Alternative topping cook the mince with pepper & shredded carrot, and use instead of cheese.

Ooh! Ooh! I know! I know! If you go to Supercook.com and type in your list of ingredients, they will make LOADS of suggestions for you! :biggrin:

So many things you could make!

You could have fajita's if you like them!

Quorn pieces cooked off in some herbs, with roasted pepper and carrot strips with a bit of philli in tortilla wraps, yum.

I would have gone down the stuffed pepper route (rice, any one of the cheeses, grated carrot and mince, with loads of yummy herbs & spices) with sweet potato wedges dunked in piri piri sauce.

Yummy!

I should have said, I think the pepper is really half a pepper lol, won't stuff very well but I might give it a go!
At this rate I'm going to be able to get to the weekend without having to go to Tescos - woohoo!! Will have a look at that website as well Domane, cheers!

newrider.com