Help me fnd a new jewelley business name?

laceyfreckle

May 27, 2007
Essex/Suffolk
I have been selling my jewellery (beads, gemstones, swarovski crystals along with charms, silver plate and 925 sterling silver) under the name of "Sarah's Sparkles" but I want to/think i should change it because there are already a few people trading with a similar name and I need mine to be more unique and memorable, particularly so people will find it easier to find me on the web/remember my name etc. (website not made yet but will be)

My current ranges include -

Necklaces, bracelets and earrings. Mostly fine but some as statement pieces/costume jewellery.

Birthstone Jewellery

Gemstone Jewellery - both stock made and made to a 'prescription' described by clients to use the theraputic qualities of the gemstones to help a wide range of problems.

Charm Bracelets

Other beaded jewellery including cats eyes, czech glass beads, lampwork and millefiori beads and pendants.

I will also be doing Jewellery lessons and Childrens Jewellery making parties for children 7+

Eventually I will also be selling beads, findings. Run a e-commerce site and have a ebay and etsy shop.

In the long term i also hope to make my own lampwork and millefiori beads and learn silversmithing and silver clay work. In the long term I would also like to offer 'fingerprint' jewellery (fingerprints of children made in silver and then made into jewellery) and a range of jewellery style Medical bracelets.

So a good name is really important!!

I have descided by logo/symbol will be a butterfly as they are delicate, small, interesting and beautiful as well as living.

I can't even use my 'real name' as someone else with the same name as me has been running their similar jewellery business for some time (different area of the country though)

So - Idea's Please!!!

Last edited:
I like it when people use random names & nothing something with their name in the title - I think it makes them sound & look a lot more professional.

There's a fabulous independant jewellery in town near where I work that does beautiful bespoke items and they're called Volcano. Simple & effective!

not sure how much help this will be but i googled jewelry name ideas and it came up with this site

http://www.home-jewelry-business-success-tips.com/jewelry-business-name.html

Thank you - I have been looking through that but failing really :help:

I like it when people use random names & nothing something with their name in the title - I think it makes them sound & look a lot more professional.

There's a fabulous independant jewellery in town near where I work that does beautiful bespoke items and they're called Volcano. Simple & effective!

Yes, I like the idea of something without neccesarily jewellery or beads in the name as I'd like to expand/stay bespoke.

I have made a collection of words but just can't find anything (that isn't already taken!)

Names that describe my business are -

Elegant
Fine (Finesse or fineza in spanish)
Precious (Preciado in spanish)
Gemstone
Crystals
Beads
Silver
Delicate
Personal
Bespoke
Gem
Creations
Art
Butterfly
Pretty
Unique
Bespoke
Classic
Fashion
On Trend
Beautiful
Special
Designed
Stone
Rock
Faceted
Timeless
Glass
Hand-crafted
Hand-made
Purple
Rich
Free-Spirited

The only names I could think of are -

Silver Butterfly (very taken according to google)
Preciado (taken according to google)
Butterfly (taken according to google)
Stone Butterfly (taken according to google)
Preciado Butterfly - not taken but i wonder if people will spell preciado properly when searching?
Gem-creation - taken by a wholesaler
Waterfall - Not taken but there is a 'waterfall beads'
Reflections - not taken but 'true reflections jewellery' is

Anyone got any idea's??

I would avoid Preciado - when I read it I just skimmed over it without trying to work out its correct pronounciation. Too complicated.

Are you/do you focus on a particular kind of jewellery, such as silver or gem stones? Or do you do a bit of everything depending on what people want?

Using an inanimate object can not only sound good but also aid your logo and how people remember - like Mango or Lime Leaf (both taken, sorry!) People will definitely remember it if it's a bit out there and is a 'thing' rather than a description. Personally, names are a abstract or flowery are harder to remember and if it's similar to another company, when they search for you they may come across somebody else and stick with them instead.

Last edited:
I would avoid Preciado - when I read it I just skimmed over it without trying to work out its correct pronounciation. Too complicated.

Are you/do you focus on a particular kind of jewellery, such as silver or gem stones? Or do you do a bit of everything depending on what people want?

Using an inanimate object can not only sound good but also aid your logo and how people remember - like Mango or Lime Leaf (both taken, sorry!) People will definitely remember it if it's a bit out there and is a 'thing' rather than a description. Personally, names are a abstract or flowery are harder to remember and if it's similar to another company, when they search for you they may come across somebody else and stick with them instead.

Yes, I though the same as you with preciado.

I work mainly with swarovski crystals and semi-precious gemstones with silver. I do do a bit of everything but those and the jewellery lessons are the main ones.

why is it all the best ones are taken!!!:banghead:

Strawberry! Love it - think of anything around that. Google Strawberry, what comes up? Can you have Strawberry something or something Strawberry?

It gives you a theme for branding, logo & website and a theme to run with through your business, although it doesn't mean that everything you make has to have a strawberry on it!

Strawberry Pieces?
Strawberry Trinkets?
Strawberry Creations?
Strawberr Design?

This is where a thesaurus becomes your best friend!

Strawberry! Love it - think of anything around that. Google Strawberry, what comes up? Can you have Strawberry something or something Strawberry?

It gives you a theme for branding, logo & website and a theme to run with through your business, although it doesn't mean that everything you make has to have a strawberry on it!

Strawberry Pieces?
Strawberry Trinkets?
Strawberry Creations?
Strawberr Design?

This is where a thesaurus becomes your best friend!

I like that one too .... google says I can have "Strawberry"

The closest anyone has got is "Strawberry Fountain Jewellery" and "Strawberry-Pearls"

I'm quite liking the word "Strawberry" on it's own. It could be my unregistered trademark as such.

Strawberry Creations also sounds quite good.

I think Jewellery like yours is very individual and each peice would appeal to different people, so I think maybe something around the individual side of your business.

I like names like

Spirited Creations
Aura Designs

Mixing it maybe which what you have found...

Strawberry Aura...

I like your idea of a Butterfly for your logo though:happy:

newrider.com