Help - Livery in Glasgow & Dublin

Jul 23, 2008
Highlands
Can anyone reccommend good livery yards in Glasgow and/or Dublin?

Thinking of moving to either of these places in Spring/Summer next year depending on how fast Foster sells and haven't decided on either yet. This could help swing my decision :confused:

General costs £££ for livery would be useful too. Looking for somewhere with grass/full livery indoor school pref, good facilities and excellent, safe hacking. A place that holds a few competitions and maybe has good instructors would also be great. :D

Hiya

The yard I keep my horse at sounds like it's exactly what you are looking for - large indoor school, outdoor school, XC course, outdoor dressage arena, gallops, and access to the local country park for excellent and very safe hacking. They do grass/DIY/full livery and the instructors are great, with several available throughout the week. Prices and so on are on their website at http://www.tannoch.co.uk/

Come to Glasgow, you know you want to:D

Wow, looks and sounds great. Not bad prices either. Def consider that one - think I will take a look around a few yards when I'm next down in Glasgow (probably next month or so). Thanks for that Morganna. :D

Tannoch does have fantastic facilities, and my native was on grass livery all year round and didn't come down with laminitis (they've got some good rough grazing fields) which is good if you're going for all year 24/7/365.

Check out the BHS website for more livery yards/riding schools that offer livery, there's a lot in the Glasgow area, although I think a good number of them you'd really need your own transport to get to.
http://www.eastertonstables.co.uk/index.htm - don't know much about Easteron, but they seem to offer what you want from what's on their website.
And there's quite a few yards round the South side of Glasgow, but not sure of the names (the BHS site may have them).
There's lots of competitions on in the Glasgow area even if not at your yard (Ingliston holds a good few, then there's Rowallen etc).
You could also consider private livery yards that have good facilities, as you can always arrange to get an instructor in :)

Baads is a nice yard, but they have absolutely no winter turnout for any of the horses there which put me off straight away.

Really - show's how much I looked into it:D! I spoke to them about a year ago and they were too expensive for me for Full livery and didn't offer grass at the time - I'd assume they offer better grazing now if they now offer grass livery only.

Really - show's how much I looked into it! I spoke to them about a year ago and they were too expensive for me for Full livery and didn't offer grass at the time - I'd assume they offer better grazing now if they now offer grass livery only.

Just double checked their website - must have had some changes because it says they can now offer all year turnout. I visited someone at their yard earlier this year and they had no winter turnout at that time but that is obviously no longer the case:eek:

newrider.com