Help. in-hand show in three weeks

seera-baby

Mar 30, 2006
hey guys, i posted ages ago about ridding my 13.2 pony, and WOW can she take my weight she jumps an extra foot over a jump,..she may have a fear of her feet touching stuff but, yea, wow :D

anyway, so i did by her :D and i didi find her :D, and she hasnt changed a bit,... well apart from her white mane :D

Yes so to the point, i wanted to show her when i was loaning her years ago, but that didnt happen, so i thought as she was now all mine *smiles* i thought wed have a bit of fun :D

so, ive never done this before so i was hoping u guys whos done it before could help out, what outfit should i wear?

would she do good in an in-hand mountain and moorland at a local show as she registered under the part-bred section in the welsh pony and cob society?

i think shes going to be a nightmare, calling to everyone and generally flirting, :p, so in-hand bridal all the way, also she can be VERY strong when excited.

Also how do i get her to trot smoothly, as she holds her head up occsionaly :S

im hoping the show will keep her on her toes so she wants to show off, the first time she went out with roxy (her field buddy) when we moved her down here she was arching her neck and floating round the field (i couldnt believe it was hte same pony)

So hers a few piccys of her, ... so opinions and suggestions WELCOME :D

Polly_Johara.jpg

Polly_walk_pose.jpg

Polly_walk.jpg

xx

no inhand M&M is for purebreds only. id be inclined to plait her up and show her int the showpony or partbred classes

Ahh she is lovely and clean
If you think she is going to be a bit of a nightmare try to get her out to a show before you plan to enter. That way she can get used the environment without there being any pressure on you or her. Get there nice and early aswell so she can have a good look round and settle before she has to go in to the ring.
Practice trotting her in hand at home but I would think her head will probably be in the air anyway if she's not used to shows.
I am not too sure about what to wear although they do say to wear something that contrasts with her legs so dark trousers.

Agree with Kanuma that she really ought to be plaited up, and agree with the class suggestions. You can also do best condition, relevent novelty classes, and if she's old enough, veteran classes.

I would use a ridden bridle rather than an inhand bridle given that she's a ridden pony. Ideally a pelham/double with two reins, but otherwise a plain snaffle with reins. And a blingy browband.

I also think that a practise run would be a good idea, just to see how she reacts. Enter on the day if needs be, but I would plan so that if you need to, you can just wander around for a day and enter a different show at a later date.

Ideally you should wear a hat (riding, trilby or beagler), a tweed (although if you plan on doing ridden showing and can only afford one, go for a decent navy), shirt, tie and gloves, and then dark (navy, brown or black) trousers and some suitable discreet footwear.

You need to wear a smile too, and have fun :D

Thanks Guys :D
Im planning to walk her down to tweseldown on the 18th, theres a show going on there so il see how she likes it and try entering her in a later date, maybe at a ridden like u said, but not till shes better as her backs sore at the moment :(

bless her

newrider.com