Help I need to reschedule my life!!

crystalthunder

Aug 4, 2011
I was told this week at work that my shifts are changing on 1st Oct from 12 hour days to 5 days a week 8 hour days. Although this has not been totally unexpected we didn't think it would be kicking in till after xmas so thought I had more time to plan.:frown: Now I have about 3 weeks to plan and put into action a new routine for the boys and myself. I've worked shifts for the last 14 years and have had lots of lovely days off during the week to ride etc and am now wondering how the hell I am gonna fit everything in.:unsure:

At the moment I am thinking poo-picking etc in the morning before work which should give me time after to work with Timmie and ride if poss. How do you guys that work 'normal' jobs manage? Any tips to make things easier for me and the boys would be greatly appreciated:help::smile:

Trouble is, it's going to be dark before and after work very soon. Are your horses at home and what time do you have to leave for work/get home? Are they out 24/7?

Sorry for the nosey questions, I wouldn't be much help anyway as ours are on livery, but I'd do what you suggested if I could and get everything I could done before work, then ride if poss after work, then make up feeds/nets for the next day.

Good luck with work, hope you get into a routine really soon.

They are kept at a yard DIY livery about 3 miles from my house but it is on the way to work so not too bad. Hoping to keep them out 24/7 but do have stables if they really have to go in. Will be starting work at 7 and finishing at 4 so might get an hour or so of daylight if I'm lucky till the real winter kicks in. :tongue: Only takes about 15 mins to get from work back to yard so should be ok. Jobs in morning I think and getting some major organising going on will help. :smile:

Will you still be working shifts or are you going to set hours? I work am (6-2) and pm (2-10pm) and occasionally nights, which works great for the horses, athough I have to change about every week. Not sure what I would do with 9-5 esp in winter

newrider.com