help finding riding school please

jessiepuppy

Jan 2, 2006
hi, am looking for a riding school in sheffield.
have been riding since a child and have owned 3 horses before but have had nearly 3 years off due to knee problems and having a baby so want a year or so of lessons before buying next horse.
idealy i would like a school that would let me help out around yard to get confidence on the ground up again.

crimdon pony world
hartlepool
it is only £15 for privat lesson or £10 i think for just a plain one
and for half an hour it is 8 these prices include jumping, flat work and hacks....:) :) :)

I ride at Cowley ( http://www.newrider.com/Riding_Schools/schooldetails.php/136.html ) which is to the south of the city (although I live in Upperthorpe). I ended up there because of the five I was on a waiting list for they were the first with a place, but I do enjoy it there, I often spend all of Saturday helping out (as long as you are over 12 you are welcome to help out at the weekends) and then have a lesson on a Sunday morning. The group lessons are £16 an hour, they also run 10 week adult courses as well. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

JOJOBA recomended Smeltings to me but I can only ride at weekends and they have quit a long waiting list for weekend lessons.

Barnes Green Riding School, Woodseats Farm, Barnes Green, Grenoside, Nr Sheffield S30 3NA

Flatwork, Jumping, Hacking, Livery

Smeltings Farm Riding Centre, Ringinglow Road, Sheffield S11 7TD Tel: 0114 230 7661 www.equestrian-training.co.uk

Flatwork, Jumping, Hacking, Livery

Snowdon Farm Riding School, Snowdon Lane, Troway, Marsh Lane, Nr Sheffield S21 5RT Tel: 01246 417172 www.snowdonfarmequestrian.co.uk

Flatwork, Jumping, Livery

the indoor school at smeltings is so very tempting- but then so is cowley for the side saddle lessons, always wanted a go at that !

thankyou very much for your help everyone.

I keep my two at smeltings and thoroughly reccomend it. You can help out on the yard and also loan their horses which is like one step down from owning. If you've owned before though you might find that a bit restricted.
In terms of lessons if you can already ride you have a much better chance of getting in for a lesson, it's complete novices that tend to have to wait a while. They will do you one or two assessment lessons and then slot you in for a class or private (depending on what you want).
I can vouch for all the horses being sensible and safe, very well cared for and with well fitting tack.
Give me a PM if you want any more info or if you decide to come up, I can show you the yard if you like.

Jo
xxx

newrider.com