Help! Any horsepert avail to see a horse in Mid Glamorgan?

Madmoo

Apr 7, 2009
West Yorkshire
who could come see a horse with me....rang about one, she had sold but the chap has a HW show cob who looks a treat and appears to match my ticky list. Sadly no-one to go with me!!! grrr so thought might be an idea if there was someone either in my neck of the woods (west yorks) happy to do trip with me or already in Mid Glamorgan who could meet me there....

just a 'creative' thought.....

pics a bit small, but from what i could see a very handsome chap, llantrisant has best of both worlds, so it could be busy or not depending on where he is, will try and find out where it is

oh no

did a google search and found the news report below:

Horse case man hits back
Apr 16 2009 by Wayne Nowaczyk, Rhondda Leader

A PENYGRAIG businessman ordered to pay over £2,000 for breaching trading regulations in horse sales has defended his position.

Alexander Daniel Hill, 29, of Vicarage Road, admitted two offences of wrongly describing two horses he kept as a hobby but later sold.

An officer from Rhondda Cynon Taf council told magistrates the purchaser had complained property developer Mr Hill had misrepresented the length of time he’d owned the horse she bought from him in order to facilitate the sale.

He also pleaded guilty to failing to complete a horse passport including the new owner’s details, an offence under the Horse Passport (Wales) Regulations 2005.

Mr Hill was fined £115 for each offence, was ordered to pay £1,388.50 in compensation, £395.83 in costs to RCT and a £15 victim surcharge.

After the case, Mr Hill told the Leader that he believed there was nothing wrong with the horse, a six-year-old Welsh Cob mare called Branwen, and that the prosecution came about as a result of a technical offence relating to the log book.

He said: “I only sold a horse, not the skills and management needed to look after it. It’s not as if I sold a three-legged horse.”

“The lady bought the horse in an un-pressurised environment and she brought an independent expert and a vet, who told her that the horse was fit and suitable for her.

“But when she took it home, she realised how unpredictable horses can be but blamed me for the fact that she wasn’t competent enough to handle it and asked for her money back.

“I’m not a horse trader, but I have been classified as one because I sold more than two horses within a particular period. And I didn’t realise that the horse passport had to be filled in.”

just tried to see if i could find the place and i only came up with a fishing place, surrounded by 45 acres. so is possible this is the right place and if so i would guesse it be quite quiet.
as for what you found, that does sound a bit dodgy, and after only an hour ago i was defending dealers being wrongfully slated. will ask around tomorrow about him, and see if i acn find any more info on him. how far would you be travelling if this turned out to be a wasted journey.

Claims not to be a horse trader, but just happens to keep horses for a hobby and sell them?

The fact that the one you wanted has sold but he just happens to have another suitable one would raise a huge red flag for me.

It's an awfully long way for you to travel to view a horse unless you are certain the seller has a good honest reputation.

Good luck in your search, bit I'm afraid I would run a mile from this one.

newrider.com