HELP advice needed

Tina2011

Mar 23, 2012
Gateway to europe
My Jack Russell Megan will not be caught to come home from the yard.

She is two years old, fine on a walk, comes back and goes on her lead. Fine getting into the car to go to the yard. When she gets to the yard she is free to run as much as she likes, comes when called back, doesn't venture off our land but just will not be caught or get back in the car to go home. She is two years old and I have tried everything, luring her with a tin of dog food worked for a long time but now she has decided that's not good enough either. It is no use trying to catch her, she is way to quick on her feet, I have been patient with her in the extreme, couching, cajoling you name it I have tried it. Today it was so bad I had to leave her there. I knew my friend was going up shortly after I left so I asked her so catch her, whilst fussing and put her in a loose box till I returned this evening. Any suggestions? She has lots of attention at home and masses of exercise:help: I am hoping the 'leaving her' may have solved the problem but I wont know till I take her again tomorrow

Terrors! Give me big dogs any day.
Maybe have to establish the basics again or only allow off lead in an enclosed area and have her recall on first shout and once its working well start more off lead time in unenclosed areas.
My lot return or first whistle or get the big growl and/or scruff treatment.
Good luck as terrors can be very trying.

Back to basics! Reinforce your recall at home, tie a long lead/twine to collar so you have an option to 'reel' her in, and when she comes back to you, you have to be more fun and make an amazing fuss of her!

Recall at home and on walks is fine. Couldn't possibly keep her on a lead all the time, she would escape through my kitchen window if she had a mind lol. Had dogs all my life, no prob, this one is a very big challenge lol. I will get there she is so naughty and intelligent it is beyond belief. think its done her good with leaving her in the loose box, but at the same time she is so defiant, thinks I am big bad wolf instead of I love and miss you mum and I never get confrontational, I am well aware of how easy it would be to 'scare' her. she is such a naughty bright dog. I never want to lose an animals character, I am the same with the neds, I like them to like me and respond because its mutual, that is important to me, the 'bond' I will get the little bugger eating out of my hand, she is so so naughty and bright, just wondered if anyone had any suggestions.

I am going to reinforce the home discipline stuff, like she is not going to creep up into my bed anymore ur every night: and keep my toes warm:cry: I will miss more than she, and no I do not want my feet licked (ow I do, its ecstatic) and no I don't want you to cuddle up to my face and lick my neck, urgh little shit lovely thing. Dogs must know their place :unsure:

Goodness I can actually see where I may be going wrong now. Well she can come up tonight but tomorrow its a bed for Meg in the kitchen until she knows her place. Will be not easy though cos she is such a sweet lovely comfort, but I can not stand a disobedient dowg. I don't have time for it and she has everything so should be good in return:smile:

newrider.com