Hello...

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
I've not posted much lately but I just wanted to say I'm still here. I'm struggling with the boss' dialysis. We still have intermittent problems which cause delays and me anxiety, which has had a knock-on effect on horse life/time. Gracie has taken a back seat and I'd lost my mojo completely. I'd stopped riding until this week, but have managed a couple of quick hacks. Sadly I think I'm definitely going to have to leave my friend's lovely yard and move G onto a part-livery for the time being as I get panicked about findng the time for her 4 x days a week.

I do check in daily so I can see all your news, just not feeling very chatty myself. Sorry.

You took on an incredibly big challenge with your boss' dialysis, and hiccups have got to be making it extra tough on you. Unfortunately horses are often the ones that take back seats though life challenges but the great news is they don't mind one bit :) is there anyone on the yard you could pay to do her on an ad hoc basis? just so you don't have to move and loose your slot. Or perhaps if it looks like this could be longer term, think about getting a sharer to lighten the load on you?

Reactions: Trewsers
That's a shame if you've got to move again. But you have to do what you feel is right for your circumstances. I'm sure Gracie wont mind the down time.

I was struggling a few weeks ago to find my mojo. It's really difficult with working fulltime and all my other animals. The horse riding definitely goes on the back burner. I'm determined to get my mojo back for a month before the horses have down time during December and January. Mine are then going to the bottom field where its flat. As i wont be able to ride in the weekday i will just pull them out the grazing paddock and give them a quick lunge in a fenced off bit of the field. They'll only get ridden at the weekend.

So sorry to hear things have been hard and not straight forward but i still think you are an absolute angel for doing what you are doing.

Is there not a part livery at the current yard? Hopefully If you go ahead with the move it will be just as great a yard and give you some well earned restbite from the worry of fitting everything in so when you are there you can just enjoy Gracie.

Really sorry to read this Jane - I love your regular posts and have missed them. I admired hugely how you agreed to take on this big task for your employer's sake but do make sure you aren't suffering too much loss in your own personal life and more especially the pleasure you have always enjoyed from your horses. Life is too short for all of us and it cant be all work and no play - that is just madness and benefits no one, look after yourself. Nice to here from you albeit briefly. :)

Reactions: mystiquemalaika
newrider.com