Hello - new member and pony

~elizabeth~

Oct 10, 2018
Hello,
just to introduce myself, a couple of years ago I took on a rescue pony (I was told he was a Section A x C/D). He was rescued from threat of slaughter at 18 months of age after his owner died and left him and some mares to starve on inadequate grazing. He was a bit of a handful when he arrived, could be very pushy, trying to knock over anyone who tried leading him, but has come on very well, leading nicely, standing for feet/farrier, walking on road (even under the famous dual-carriageway underpass that other horses won't pass). had a few issues recently, but hopefully things will be back on track again soon. I was hoping he'd make 13hh, but I have a feeling he's going to stick at 12.2 (he was four in July).

He may be small but he's got a big personality. His favourite pastime is looking after foals, either standing over small ones and guarding them or playing with older ones, as if somehow he knows that he managed to sire two foals himself before he was rescued and gelded (two little white-faced, blue-eyed boys like himself who have a safe, long-term home at the rescue he came from).

View media item 25305
View media item 25304
View media item 25303
View media item 25302

Last edited:
Welcome! Looking forward to hearing about you adventures (You have made a very good start by including pictures - we like pictures :) :) )

Reactions: ~elizabeth~
How lovely.
He looks very much like our old Section C with that white face. We had him pts in September at the age of 29 so you could have him quite a few years yet

newrider.com