Hello! And I need your help...tweed Jackets!

Theherd

Dec 22, 2015
I need to find a tweed jacket suitable for riding horse classes and possible part bred m and m. I have Looked on some websites but they all seem a bit bright and not sure we are allowed too bright? I've had a Google and I *think* I need a green tweed not too bright. Want one to last and suit county level horse is steel grey, browband and tie colours are navy with some white. Help!

Jackets are all a very personal choice. Have a look at one of the big stores - Robinsons have a huge range and I'm sure you will find something to suit.

I have looked everywhere! I'm aware there are lots of jackets out there but I am Looking at more guidance really, does it have to be green tweed and does it not have to be bright? I've even looked at show photographs, been to shows looking and the feel I get is this. If there's a website I've looked at it, robinsons, pretty ponies, mrs candy...the list is endless! Hence why asking on here to get some guidance. Thank you!

There are no hard and fast rules in the world of showing. As long as you look smart and presentable it really doesn't matter if your jacket is lighter or darker. It all depends on what suits your horses colour, tack and what you prefer.

I think a lot of people choose their tweed to suit their horse. I like green, but chose a jacket with a grey-blue stripe because Ziggy is grey.

For a grey I would go with a brown tweed green can look washed out in my opinion against a grey and blue/grey tweed just isn't really worn on riding horses. A nice brown with a simple overcheck of red or orange goes well with a grey.

ETA I know its a pain but for the browband and tie i would go for something brighter most riding horses at county will have a variation on the theme of red and navy on a steel grey may well fade into the background

Last edited:
newrider.com