Hello again :)

joellie

Apr 24, 2011
N.Ireland
I haven't been on in a while but I have popped in now and again just to see how all of you were doing.
My hubby was diagnosed late August with kidney cancer, it was quite a shock as he is only 52 and he had a 14cm tumour.
He went in on the 1st october and got the kidney and tumour removed. It was quite a big operation.
All is going well so far and he is getting 3 monthly scans as he was told he was at high risk of it returning elsewhere within the first 2 years.
So as you can all imagine everything took a back seat for a while.

Marley and Rummy are both doing great. I didn't ride for a couple of months while my husband was recovering, A young girl came and rode him once a week for a wee while to keep him ticking over.

@chunky monkey I really didn't want to lamb this year with everything going on but I ended up with 7 of my ewes in lamb and of course because i didn't want any of them in lamb they decided to go the extra mile...17 lambs!!! 3 sets of triplets and 4 sets of twins and no losses. I'm so glad the other 6 ewes did not get caught by the ram.:eek::D

Sorry to hear about your husband, good vibes coming his way.
Glad the ponies are well and lovely to hear about your amazing number of lambs, do you have to hand feed when there's triplets?

Reactions: joellie
It's lovely to "see" you again. Sorry to hear about your husband, can only imagine the shock. Lots of positive vibes for him and you. Hope to see you on here again a bit more when you have time? It must be hectic times for you - what with your husband, family and wooller family too! Good to hear Marley and Rummy are okay as well.

Sorry to hear about your husband, good vibes coming his way.
Glad the ponies are well and lovely to hear about your amazing number of lambs, do you have to hand feed when there's triplets?
I didn't have to take any of the triplets from their mums, I was so lucky in that my girls seemed to have plenty of milk and cope ok, one set of triplets had a small lamb so I gave it a top up bottle for a couple of weeks(mum didn't mind) then stopped and it's doing fine . I had a set of twins that needed top ups, i couldn't figure out why as the mum had plenty of milk and she was a very tentative mum. I also had a ewe who rejected her twins, she was one of the ewes that I was never going to lamb again as she did the same last year. So I ended up rearing them myself but they are now down to 2 bottles a day. I will have to get a few pics of them all put on here :)

Reactions: Jessey
Great to hear from you.
Sorry to hear about your husband. Fingers crossed the cancer doesnt go anywhere else.
I had missed your sheepy updates. Sounds like you had a good lambing but have had a bit of work since. I've been the one with a few losses this year. Despite that it has been a good lambing for me. I had a few initial top ups on lambs that were a bit slow to find mums teats but after a little booster they were ok. I still have one to lamb in about 10 days time.

Sorry to hear about your husband, no wonder you've been quiet. I hope he's feeling better in himself now, it must have been an awful shock, especially with him being so young.

Nice update about Marley and Rummy, I hope you're getting a bit of riding in now, although you sound very busy with the lambs and all! In any case I hope you're getting a bit of time for you.

I didn't have to take any of the triplets from their mums, I was so lucky in that my girls seemed to have plenty of milk and cope ok, one set of triplets had a small lamb so I gave it a top up bottle for a couple of weeks(mum didn't mind) then stopped and it's doing fine . I had a set of twins that needed top ups, i couldn't figure out why as the mum had plenty of milk and she was a very tentative mum. I also had a ewe who rejected her twins, she was one of the ewes that I was never going to lamb again as she did the same last year. So I ended up rearing them myself but they are now down to 2 bottles a day. I will have to get a few pics of them all put on here :)
Oo yes pics please :)

Great to hear from you.
Sorry to hear about your husband. Fingers crossed the cancer doesnt go anywhere else.
I had missed your sheepy updates. Sounds like you had a good lambing but have had a bit of work since. I've been the one with a few losses this year. Despite that it has been a good lambing for me. I had a few initial top ups on lambs that were a bit slow to find mums teats but after a little booster they were ok. I still have one to lamb in about 10 days time.

I'm glad to hear you had a good lambing despite your few losses, I hate having any losses but unfortunately it happens. Your still waiting on one!! Mine started on the 13th and finished on the 25th March .

newrider.com