hello again

heather1982

Jun 13, 2004
south carolina (USA)
Visit site
Hi, I don't know if anyone remembers me but I used to come on here ages ago:D I'll reintroduce myself now since its been a while. I'm 26 years old and I own a little quarter pony named Dowdy who is around 21-25 yrs young. I also have a 12 hand high donkey named Roxy and her new foal Cuervo Black who just turned 3 weeks old yesterday, so yeah I'm a proud new donkey mom. They keep Dowdy company. I'm hoping that Cuervo will mature big enough to take Dowdy's place as my new "pony" for when Dowdy finally retires. After he's weaned I plan on sending Roxy to a trainer to becoming a riding/driving donkey. As of now, Dowdy and I do light riding together and he seems fine with it so I will continue with it as long as he doesn't seem to mind the occasional 30-45 minute ride. I am short 5'3" and I've been on a major diet to lose weight so I don't have to move up to bigger horses LOL. I've been doing good with it, so far I've lost almost 30 pounds since April (about 12.7kg I think). I want to lose a little more and I'll be happy I think:p Here's some pictures of me and my bunch, hopefully I can get to know and learn from other pony riders on here!

100_3124.jpg

100_3184.jpg

100_3143.jpg

PS - please excuse my crappy riding and Dowdy's topline. He was in with 2 big mares before though and they bullied him alot and he lost alot of weight until I separated him and put him in his own area with just Roxy. I have since sold the mares since I realized I much prefer the pony and donkeys. He's on senior feed plus weight builder supplement and free choice coastal bermuda and he does seem to be showing some gradual improvement in that area though it will probably never look great due to him being swaybacked.

Oh wow, I love your donkeys, how sweet to have a mother and foal! What does sway backed mean? I'm 5"3 too and will be looking for a pony as my first, yours looks just right!

Thanks:) My pony is 13.3hh, so he is a good height for me. Oh, and swaybacked is like a conformation flaw, it means the back is lower in the middle, like it dips down if that makes sense. The donkey foal is lots of fun, I never realized how nice it is to work with a totally blank slate, he's like a sponge who just absorbs everything I teach him:p

newrider.com