Hello again, New Rider!

YASMiN___X0

Mar 3, 2009
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
I've just subscribed for a month as i find myself missing this forum quite a bit! Thought i may aswell reintroduce myself as i didn't know loads of people on here, probably because i don't have my own horse to talk about.

I'm Yasmin (i can hear you all gasping "really?", not obvious at all ;)), i'm 18 and go to Sunderland university where i study Journalism. I'm originally from Sheffield though :D
I've been riding since i was 6 years old and i'm on the university equestrian team, aswell as the club, which means i get to compete. My first competition is on Dec 9th against Leeds Metropolitan, Durham and Newcastle uni.

I'm currently looking for a part loan and will be putting up an ad in that part of the forum sharpish. I'm also interested in doing some seasonal equestrian work abroad next Summer, and i know that this forum is quite diverse in the means of people being from all over! If anyone knows of anything, let me know.

..and that's me.

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
Welcome back Jasmin, You will be addicted to the new friendlier NR.Heres hoping you find a share horse to enjoy :D

I believe its Yasmin not Jasmin. Now I think you should apologise for the minor error. :D:D I'm sure it wasn't intentional and I am being nice to you NL, honest. You just made me laugh when you said friendlier and go and get it wrong. Dont want to frighten her away.

Anyway nice to see you back Yasmin. You might not have a horse but it sounds like your still a far better rider than me, with your comps looming.

YASMiN___X0

Mar 3, 2009
:D thanks everyone, i've been on a few other forums but this one just has so many familiar users.
I've never competed before so it'll be an experience that i'm looking forward to! Although i've got to get BRIGHT WHITE!! jods, which i'm sure will be extremely flattering....

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
Hi Yasmin and welcome back - I've just sauntered back in as well :D It is MUCH nicer, MUCH more friendly, and not nearly so bitchy as it was thank goodness!:D Well at least I havent had a nasty comment so far about me, my horses, or my useless riding:D:D

Innocence

Jun 1, 2009
Hi Yasmin,

Welcome back. I used to work for Sunderland Uni in the school of Arts, Design & Media (Used to be ADMC). Was there fo 11 years before i moved down south 2 years ago. If i had still been up there you could have come and helped me with my horses but i'm sadly not.

YASMiN___X0

Mar 3, 2009
Hi Yasmin,

Welcome back. I used to work for Sunderland Uni in the school of Arts, Design & Media (Used to be ADMC). Was there fo 11 years before i moved down south 2 years ago. If i had still been up there you could have come and helped me with my horses but i'm sadly not.

What a small world - they've totally refurbished it now. I'm loving Sunderland, so very cheap but finding the horsey community a bit hard to find/get in to!

Innocence

Jun 1, 2009
Yeah the girls keep me posted with what is going on regarding refurb etc. I miss Sunderland and your right the horse community is a bit sparse until you get know where they all hide. lol

Your best putting an advert in the feed places for a share horse and keep an eye on the free paper. I would say Durham has a bigger riding community than Sunderland. :)

Lobelia Overhill

Oct 14, 2004
wave.gif