Hello again everyone...

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Been lurking for a while, reading the non-member accessible stuff but decided to pay my year's subscription today.

Life is treating ole Domane very kindly at the moment and I am having a ball with my boys. It's now just over two years since the accident that badly broke 6 ribs but shattered my confidence into a trillion pieces and I'm thrilled to say that I have overcome my fears and am now thoroughly enjoying riding again.

Joe-pony has been with us for coming up to two years and has still to put a hoof wrong. He actually moved HOME last month and is a half-share with our employers. One of my ambitions has always been to have a blast around the 125 acres that is the privately-owned land of where we live and I'm delighted to tell you that I have well and truly achieved this now.

The reason I let Joe go on the half-share was because back in March, it all went downhill with Albi's co-owner so I bought her out. He was turned away from October until the end of March to mature and digest all the stuff we introduced last summer so I've been mostly concentrating on bringing him back into work and he's been a total star. I feel just as safe on him as I do on Joe.... probably because I know him so well.... and by riding him in a relaxed way, he pootles along calmly. Things are going so well for us that we did an all-day 16-mile trail ride a couple of weekends ago with a friend - up and down some testing terrain and that little pony just ploughed on like a trooper!

Boo turned two in April and swings from being the total cuddly delight that he always has been to being a terrible-two-year-old and testing his boundaries. He finally reached 13hh on his second birthday so is on schedule to hit 14hh like mum and dad. Speaking of mum, Sweetpea is doing brilliantly and I had the absolute delight of visiting her in February and RIDING her! She is incredibly light in hand and leg and I couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear for the whole time I was on her.

Jack is still the second love of Dom's life and they have a right old bromance going on these days. Although Dom did persuade me to sit on Jack last weekend for a photo op, which just confirmed that I like to be closer to the ground these days!

If anyone is interested, I can post some photos, but I just thought I'd say hi.... and now I'm off to trawl through the posts and catch up with all the goss from the last (many!) months.....

Welcome back and how lovely to hear that you have recovered so well from your accident and now both you and your confidence are moving rapidly forward.

Photo's would be nice

Reactions: N_J
Very much welcome back. I've been wondering about you and how you were doing so it's lovely to get such a positive and happy update. :) Yes please we do need photos, you should know that. Good to have you back.

Domane! I have just returned to posting myself. Wonderful to hear from you! There is an update from me in the cafe from last week if you want to see the herd!

Welcome back :D So nice to hear your confidence has come back properly. I still shudder when I remember seeing your chest Xray!

Did someone say pics??? ;)

This is Albi and I on the day ride....

But we're also dabbling in a bit of treeless and bitless too....

... and even a little bareback.....

Boo's a bit hairier these days....

Joe-pony and I outside my home....

Dom and Jack....

.... and a hint of that bromance I mentioned earlier....

Oh welcome back Domane! Your herd are stunning as always, Jack is just magnificent and I can't get enough of Boo's eye liner.

I'm glad it's all going well for you!

I cant believe I missed this, I cannot get used to the new format and am missing loads of VERY IMPORTANT POSTS!!!

Very Welcome back. I don't thinks that very grammatical but you know what I mean.

newrider.com