Heartbroken

eventerbabe

Dec 16, 2004
Our baby boy Alfie was born on 30/4/19 at 6.17 pm. On 29/4/19 I was scanned to discover that his heart had stopped. He was 41 weeks and 2 days. He had been checked the three days prior to this and had been perfect. We are waiting to meet with the hospital who are conducting a review into my pregnancy and the postmortem results.

I don't know how anyone is ever supposed to get over this. It isn't getting any easier so far. And to top it off my highland has mild laminitis.

I'm so very very sorry to read this. I don't know how you are supposed to get over it either, but I know you will find the strength from somewhere. RIP Alfie xxx
Huge hugs to you and your husband @eventerbabe x

Oh darling, I'm so very very sorry.

The same happened to a friend of mine a few years ago. If at some point it would help you to talk message me and I'll introduce you to each other through facebook, she also would have details of contact groups. Like you she also has a horse, and although it's no consolation now she's gone on to have two beautiful children, though Isaac is still her first & remains a part of the family x

Oh I'm so so sorry, I can't imagine you ever get over that, maybe learn to live with it somehow tho xxx
I hope the lami is mild and she recovers quickly.
(((hugs))) to you all x

Sweetheart my heart is breaking for you, I’ve been in the same situation and it’s desperately hard. Please, if you want to talk just message me, it won’t stop your heart break but sometimes just knowing someone who’s been through it can help.
You won’t ever ‘get over it’ but in time you will learn to live again. Xx

I don't know what to say, so will just send you my kindest and best thoughts. Very sorry and very shocked for you. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Very sorry to hear this. Take it easy. Take each day as it comes.
Hope you are able to get some answers and closure from the hospital.

So very sorry to read this. I can’t imagine what you are both going through. I hope you got time to spend with lovely baby Alfie and have his footprints and handprints and photos. He will always be your precious boy.
Not quite the same, but my best friend lost her little boy at 6 months old, 20 years later we still talk about him and he will always be her 2 daughters big brother. Please take any help that is offered you, by friends, family and professionals, you will get through this together.
Massive hugs to you both xx

I wish I knew what to say, but all I can do is send love and support. What you have been through is truly horrific, I cannot imagine anything worse. I have no idea how you move forward, I guess by taking each hour as it comes and hoping the next one is better than the last. I hope you and your husband are being supported.

I have no words at all. What a dreadful shock and experience for you, utterly heartbreaking. I don't know how you get over it other than you take a day at a time. Any loss gets less painful as time goes on but it never goes away, you just get better at coping with it. Talk to the people who know more than I do. Just so so sorry to read this.

Oh EB I’m so sorry to read this. My love to you and your hubby and get well soon vibes to that beautiful little highland. I can’t even imagine how you must be feeling right now.

newrider.com