Heartbreaking to see the dogs and cats Every Life Counts Rescue

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Those poor people fleeing with their pets. One of the transporters which does Romanian runs has gone to the border and the refugee camps, taking dogs and cats to vets to be passported and vaccinated so that they can go on to other EU countries where there owners have someone to go to.

Just awful, everyone so scared. They already do great work in Romania but have dropped everything and joined other rescues to try to help out at the border.

Another rescue has managed to get the zoo animals out the lions and tigers they have just got across. They were surrounded but Ukranians managed to break them out and got them over the border.

I am so worried about someone in Kharkov, he is a woodworker, he makes the most exquisite bread bins, I bought one from him, probably the last one he made, his etsy shopped ins now closed. I so hope he survives. I will treasure his work even more now.20220218_114634.jpg

The whole situation is horrific, the poor people there, and their animals 😢 if the opportunity arose to go and help I would go In a flash.

It's absolutely awful, I can't imagine what they are going through even those who have managed to get out. It really does show the strength of some people who take good action in things like this, true heroes.

I've actually just donated a little to them so thank you for sharing this. I just think it's incredible what they are doing, not only for the animals but they are buying things for the people too. I can't imagine what those people are going through and I know that human life comes before animal but I would be the same and unable to leave my pets behind to die too. These people have barely anything and little hope, you can see how much difference their work is making.

I won't condemn you for thinking that way, because you write that it's horrible. And I think the Romanian rescuers know better who needs help now. If they have to help in such a difficult time, it's their duty to help. Vaccinations and passports for animals can be done at another time, it's not as urgent as emergency help for dogs and cats. Do you even like animals or do you think that a passport is an advantage for you over those who run away from that country into the unknown? Animals are scared too. We learned here https://www.esaregistration.org/faq/ that passports and registration can be done this way, you don't have to take your animals to another country to get a document made for them there.

Last edited:
Vaccinations and passports for animals can be done at another time, it's not as urgent as emergency help for dogs and cats.
They are getting vaccinations and passports done so people are allowed to take their animals with them, as the original post says. In this situation it is also emergency help

Reactions: Huggy
I won't condemn you for thinking that way, because you write that it's horrible. And I think the Romanian rescuers know better who needs help now. If they have to help in such a difficult time, it's their duty to help. Vaccinations and passports for animals can be done at another time, it's not as urgent as emergency help for dogs and cats. Do you even like animals or do you think that a passport is an advantage for you over those who run away from that country into the unknown? Animals are scared too.
I don't understand this post at all. The OP was lamenting the awful situation for people AND animals. Condemn her for thinking what way?

newrider.com