Healthy Thread September

BeachRiding

Aug 26, 2004
USA
Gosh, I sure am posting a lot of threads lately...:eek:

Anyway, time for Septembers healthy thread. How is everyone doing?

Me? well quite miserably. I gained 8 pounds going on vacation a couple weeks ago, and only have just managed to get off two pounds. That is two pounds since having Pete. Having three horses is really helping me lose some weight!My goal this month is to lose another 6 pounds to get beack to where I was before vacation. Then I can continue on losing the 'real' weight. I want to lose 30 Ibs by next September.

Anyway... my goals for september:

~Lose 6 pounds
~Stop drinking soda
~Cut out all sugar

Your turn.

I want to tone up.

Would love to turn the flab on my thighs into muscle and firm them up.

Not going too bad, but also not going too great! That said, am typing this in my sports gear as off out for a run. Still riding and doing the 4 mile walk that entails twice a week plus one or two runs. I've got my law finals coming up, am busy at work, spend half my life filling out job applications and have a police assessment day to prepare for. I'm knackered so have slacked! Determined to get back on it though now.

Hi Willielove, I have been relatively sucessful. Since starting in mid-July I have lost a stone, and I would like to loose another 6lbs this month at least. I need to loose another 50lbs though, but its a start I guess. :D

I don't have any horses, I think they would help me loose it faster if I did! :)

I need to losr two stone....I need to join a slimming club, but with no extra money and not enough will power to go it alone, cant see it happening.... sadly!

Today I rode for the first time since breaking my leg earlier this year... it felt sooo good to be back on... will be trying again on Wednesday, dont want to over do it!

I need to gain weight! I'm 5'6 and 100 pounds:eek:.. sometimes less if I have done a lot of physical activity. After riding my horse for an hour I can loose up to 5 pounds.. it's insane. I'd like to feel more healthy. Some of you find it hard to loose weight.. I find it hard to gain!

I have given up. :( My plan was to try and lose a stone during the summer months, but regardless of how much I do during the day (and I really don't have the time or energy to go jogging after walking and riding 7-8 hours a day!) and also regardless of how I healthy I seem to eat, my weight has stuck to 10st and won't budge one way or another. And since the weather is turning colder I know I will be eating more and going back to Uni will cut down my physical activities during the day, I am just going to settle for maintaining my current weight.. Ah well, maybe next summer.. :eek:

Nina x

This month is the month that I will will will stick to my healthy eating plan. I lost 28lbs in April/June this year but my resolve weakened and although I've kept it off it is time now to lose some more.

I have a new motivating factor - my beautiful share horse who although is more than capable of carrying me would find it easier if I was a tad lighter. Also hopefully the extra riding (and striding through fields to catch her) will help.

Ive been on a diet trying to get fit so that Itll be easier when I start riding but I do need to lose about two stone...

I swim a few times a week, i do 100 lengths a session but cause i had surgery recently ive been a couch potato for the last year.

When I used to have weekly riding lessons I lost a few stone so Im hoping it will be the same again soon

I've got pretty fit in the summer with lots of hillwalking and other activities, but I haven't lost weight which is NOT FAIR! Will persevere to try and lost 4-5lbs this month.

Well I want to lose (converting from kilos) 10-15 pounds? Does that sound right? Anyway thats about 7 kilos. I am motivated by two factors-

1) I will be finished school in 8 eeks and will be spending my gap year riding and caring for horses, so I want a head start to be the best rider possible

2) Summer is in two months, so I want to start now so I can wear my bikini in summer, instaed of being envious of everyoen during summer and deciding to tone up for NEXT summer :p

I would be happy to do a swap of weight for muscles though:)

um well i was diagnosed with some thyroide disease (its in japanese/asian language) so it kinda controls my weight (a little) and i would like to loose at least 10 pounds. and hopefully my thyroid will eventually stop acting up so i can enjoy weekends LOL.

tuff-up, thats hashimoto's disease, also known as hypothyroidism (a slow thyroid) I have it as well. If you do have this then there is a treatment for it (taking thyroxine) and if this is not done and it is untreated you can get very sick indeed. If you are not being treated for your thyroid please go see your GP. I hope you get it sorted; and once you are on treatment your GP should run blood tests a few times a year to just make sure your medication does not need increasing. Although on the positive, becuase we need this treatment for the rest of our lives, we are entitled to free prescriptions (you get a little card to take with you to the pharmacy) ask your GP about this. (I get free prescriptions anyways becuase I live in Wales, but my mother also has hypothyroidism and has the card) Hope this helps.
With the treatment you should be able to loose weight like anyone else.
:D

EDIT: oops, just read your post again, you are in Canada. My mother was diagnosed when we lived there, and I think she still got the medication for free. Check with your health insurance. Good luck with it. :)

well i haven't managed to lose much weight, although i have cut right back on eating and exercising more. (well riding more)

i'm DETERMINED to lose about 1 and a half stone before xmas though. that will take me back to near the weight i was before i had my children.

Admittedly, when i cut my food intake back i itch more. (i have liver disease, thought to be genetical and exasparated by pregnancy's) which drives me insane. But technically my liver function will improve a little if i can drop some weight as well.

Anyway i'm going to try my best and sympathise with my mare as she is soon g:)ing to be exercising more and eating less too lol.

i want to loose 4 to 6 pounds a month.
for the next three or four months.

get generally fitter, and tone up my belly.

Apparently everyone says I look like I've lost weight, but I think it's just due to stress at my new job and not eating 10 times a day like I used to at my old job!!

Strength wise though, I'm terrible...I canter around the arena once and I'm totally out of breath and getting side aches. It's really pathetic. Especially when I see the older women cantering around for ages! I'm not fat at all, just unfit. So my goal is for next month, canter around twice with no problem!! Ha!

Eddie needs some goals too...he needs to get some muscle going on his topline and top of his neck (he's only really got muscle on the bottom right now).

My goal for september is to lose 10lbs and about an inch around the waist by going to the gym 4x a week. I'm nto riding for the next month or so, so I dont' really have an excuse not to go. I'm also giving up pop and limiting my bread/carb minimum (my big weakness)

newrider.com