www.learning-to-ride.co.uk
Looks like its me to kick this off again :rolleyes:

Good things from last week:
Went running once
Went swimming once
Spent 3/4 hour leveling the RS muck heap
Lost 2 lbs

Bad things from last week:
Two bars of Green and Blacks (maya gold and esspresso)
Two lunches at the chip shop
12" egg and pepperonie pizza straght after swimming (I was hungry :eek: )

was out of the office yesterday - buffet lunch then just happened to go home past IKEA (which is kind of an odd way to drive home...) and they had gifflar (little snackie cinnamon swedish pastry thingies - yummy :rolleyes: ) which got scoffed on the drive home :eek:

so not doing wonderfully - but DID resist dessert at the lunch. There had been a healthy option of fruit, but it'd all gone - and the other option was millionaire's shortbread :( so I "just said no"....

its chinese new year shortly, so there's another test for the self-control....

still with it. Disappointingly though I just found out that Southern Comfort is a liqueur rather than a spirit (I thought it was a whisky and have been diluting my diet cola with it which is perfectly acceptable on Atkins). Might explain why weight loss is slow this week;)

:D that sure makes a diet coke more appealing! I'll have to try it...

this week's weigh-in at the WW group only resulted in a one pound loss :( I felt sure it was more! I still haven't gotten my round of applause for the five-pound loss mark.

raingodz you should give those Green and Blacks away ;) The Weight Watcher leader says you can eat a little more when you exercise a lot because if you still restrict calories your body will think you are starving and will hold onto its fat all the more!

good luck all

Yes, I managed a couple of pounds off. And dont depair Lisae. We all need a few more weeks to tell if it is significant. And yes the book I have says you can eat more after exercise, but only something like 10%. He even says chocolate is OK. You have to eat sensibly for life - but only 80% of the time. Otherwise people give up because no one can be perfect.

cvb said:
was out of the office yesterday - buffet lunch then just happened to go home past IKEA (which is kind of an odd way to drive home...) and they had gifflar (little snackie cinnamon swedish pastry thingies - yummy :rolleyes: ) which got scoffed on the drive home :eek:

:eek: IKEA is 10 miles in the wrong direction - and through the worst of the traffic - are you mad:eek:

Think you should go for a run as penace- How about training for the Run for Life (see the other thread (cafe)) - some brave souls are going for it!

happy highlande said:
:eek: IKEA is 10 miles in the wrong direction - and through the worst of the traffic - are you mad:eek:

Think you should go for a run as penace- How about training for the Run for Life (see the other thread (cafe)) - some brave souls are going for it!

er.. don't tell anyone but it was 2pm, not rush hour :cool: (Time In Lieu :D and besides if I'd gone back to the office, by the time I got there it'd almsot be time to turn around and come home !)

but as I forgot to bring the catalogue so I knew where the flamin place WAS... we didn't exactly go straight there :p

So far the furthest I get with "Race for Life" is thinking about it - then I look at the training plan, and then I don't get any further than that :eek:

Feeling rather thinner this week - 3 weeks at the new job and running up and down a flight of stairs all day does seem to be working. Also went out for xmas meal last night with new job and had salad to start !!! then mushrooms in tomatoes and pasta and then sorbet to finish - how good was I I passed up bread and butter pudding, a chocolate cheesecake and an amaretto creamy concoction.

May be feeling virtuous and thinner but only lost a few pounds so far, guess I must give up the booze.

http://www.shape-up.org/weightcon/bmi.html

So how much do we need to lose???????? :cool: :cool: :cool:

Click on the above website - type in your details and the kindly computer will tell you what your body mass index is and suggest how many pounds/kg you need to lose - quite handy but quite offensive.

I thought I just needed to lose 10lb and it told me I should lose 16lb :mad:

cvb said:

so not doing wonderfully - but DID resist dessert at the lunch. There had been a healthy option of fruit, but it'd all gone - and the other option was millionaire's shortbread :( so I "just said no"....

its chinese new year shortly, so there's another test for the self-control....

Oh CVB I love those cinnamon cakey things as well. We have to travel to Newcastle to get to IKEA, live in Carlisle, other side of country, but I would go just for those and pear cider.

Well have been rather naughty this week, just scoffed down a ham and egg mayo sandwich.

The weight thingy told me I was healthy. Might have to have a chocolate bar now!!

Alison xx

mmm - I got some pear cider as well ! I only rarely drink as it makes me feel awful - instantly - like an instant hangover :( But pear cider once in a blue moon is ok :)

and some glogg, and senap (mustard) - I came over all nostalgic for Sweden !

ALP said:
I have to admit I only drink one at a time.

Alison

SNORT

I had this sudden image of a person with a "beer belt" with 6 cans of pear cider strapped on all feeding up to a straw in their mouth :eek: :D

The weight calculator says i am in the healthy range (snort- what does it know???) I did lose 2 lbs this week despite have a giant BLT for lunch on Tuesday. Have walked 2 nights this week so far.

raingodz said:
Isn't that baby cham?

Nope - and neither is it "perry" before anyone else pipes up ! Its good honest Swedish Pear Cider. (They do other flavours over there but you can't get them here - "forest fruits", "blueberry and lemon" etc etc)

Huntress said:
Glögg and senap? :eek: That's so gross! How can you be nostalgic about that!? ;) :p

Not TOGETHER :rolleyes:

Glögg - warm, sweet, alcohol... I rest my case !
Senap - well its just a nice mustard - especially with korv but they didn't have any....

newrider.com