Healing vibes wanted, served me right but still

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Ear ache for the second time this Autumn.
I don't do sympathy, but I will take it on this occasion
I woke up white with cold, had to add layers and a coffee, back at my normal internal warmth.

I MUST wear an ear covering on the moors. As it's so warm I went down in a t shirt again, too hot for a hat that was in my pocket.
So thinking is ear muffs, anyone recall these from school. 😂
A headband doesn't work I simply sweat and dried sweat plus wind chill has me turning back.
I don't care what I look like, but any ideas welcome on brands?

Back to bed for me.

Yes i have a pair still from my school days hanging in the wardrobe. They were the in thing back then. I dont like the band over my head. I do use them on occasion in the deepest of winter.

If you want something very light weight i really recommend a buff. Some are wool but you get cotton/nylon ones, much thinner too. Mine are nylon type. Thin, stretchy and very hard wearing. I have a long and short one. If you buy a longer one and find it to much i believe you can just cut some off. My longer one is a little tighter, only had it free last year as a gift. Honestly i sometimes look ridiculous but it stops my ears getting cold. Can be warn multiple ways. So round the neck mainly but then i pull up over the ears. I have long hair so i use it sometimes to just keep my hair back out the way when im doing jobs. Mine is used every day just now. In the winter when colder i will also have my hat on top. Very easy to wash to.

Heres my two. The grey i wear all the time round the farm. The blue one i wear to work when i go on my bike. I have to cycle down a big hill so can easily be doing 30 plus, with the wind whipping past my head. Got to work yesterday and my head was toasty, warm ears. I can even wear my ear phones underneath and still hear the radio.

They come in lots of colours and patterns. Ive even seen some very pretty pink ones with horses on them. So can look quite stylish.

20221028_091323.jpg

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I wear hats a lot sometimes headbands.

I have a couple sets ear muffs someplace
I had bought these unattached ear muff things nothing like the old go across your head connector...these kind if went over each ear individually
I wasn't keen on those

You have my sympathy. Thankfully I grew out of ear aches but I still remember I would rather have a root canal than an earache🤯🤯

While not scientifically backed up, my maternal grandma swore by warm oilive oil on a piece of cotton for ear aches. . Grandma or mom would put a small amount of barely warm olive oil on a piece of cotton and put it in my ear. It felt good and seemed to help.

It sounds like ear muffs are In order🤠

I like the sound of the buffs. I have a neck snood thing that's fleece, but not used that yet, it's too warm.
So will definitely look at that suggestion, thank you.

I grabbed ear muffs in town along with some paracetamol to keep me going.
I have my hat on but just taken off as sun come out.
She's had a party which is what you want when you feel crap!

I do feel better now had some Olbas as well.

Healing vibes from me, earache is horrid. No advice on what to use to keep the wind out though sorry.

Oh dear, lots of vibes coming from Yorkshire. I do hope you're feeling better now.

I got some ear muffs recently when we were in Edinburgh and the wind was bitey. I think they're Barbour - wouldn't have spent that much myself but OH went into the shop in total naivity and was shocked when he got to the till, but too late!

I actually love the ear muffs, not as hot as a hat but keep the wind and noise out of my ears. Really easy to slip on and off too.

You can get ear covers that fix to your riding hat, if that helps? I find buffs too claustrophobic around my ears but ear warmers help loads when riding.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

The update on this is I have bought a buff to see how we get on with that.
Plus a few hats that can be pulled down over the ears.
I have the little tweed ear covers for the riding hat, I love those, so easy to pop on.

newrider.com