Healing vibes or good luck please for Storm UPDATED

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Sat here waiting for the vet. She is not well at all. Had to coax her out of her box this morning,she seemed stiffer than ever yesterday but I put it down to just the fact that I've only been managing to get a bit of Danilon down her. Rode her Sunday and got off half way because she was so stumbly. I fear the worst that lami is present this time. She seems reluctant on the fronts, and I rang the vet and he said he would definitely come as soon as he could. She is back in her box, it's like Chloe knows too - she made no attempt to get out of her way this morning, like she knew Storm couldn't chase her:unsure: She is not right at all. She struggled (or so I imagined ) to bend down to eat her breakfast. I hope its not that bloomin molasses I've been giving her to cover the taste of the Danilon:help: I checked with the vet first and he said the benefits of being able to exercise her properly would outweigh any risk. She is the slimmest she's been for this time of year in over 7 years. I soak her hay. She has never had it before but I have this really really bad feeling. She is too quiet. Please send your best.

Last edited:
so sorry to hear this, I would doubt it is the bit of Molasses on its own that has caused it, sometimes it can be just a number of things that come together at one time and cause the trigger not just one event, keeping her moving obviously outweighed any small risk the bit of Mollasses posed in the Vets eyes - the bigger picture I suppose - don't beat yourself up its natural to blame ourselves but you can't cover every eventuallity - fingers crossed all goes well with the Vet visit x

Thank you - I am trying to stay positive and think that just maybe it is something else and not the dreaded..............hope he gets here soon I can't settle.

Am sending lots of vibes and hope it is something simple and quick to cure.

Keeping all things crossed for you and Storm, hope the vet gets there quickly as sometimes the not knowing is worse. The one thing that I think day in day out with horses is that there is no shortage of ways for them to go wrong, despite the best possible care.

Sending healing vibes.

Poor Trewsers and Storm. I hope she is feeling better soon, it is such a worry.

Don't feel bad, you have been doing everything you can think of to help her.

I hope you can get some proper diagnosis and get her right.

Vets just gone, thank god it isn't lami!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have NO idea how bloody relieved I am.
He's taken bloods - suspects an infection of some kind. She had a swelling near her udders which I missed - and her temp was up a lot.
I just knew she wasn't right - but never suspected an infection - just jumped to the conclusion it was the dreaded, being as we suspected it a while back.
Having said that, I had been careful about her grazing.
He's tested her hooves - had a good look and couldn't see anything obvious. He reckons the reluctance to come outof her box was just the fact that she was feeling very ill - and of course, her back legs are stiff in a morning anyways. I explained I'd only just been managing to get the Danilon down her and he said it was okay that the molases was working.
So, she's had a big injection that will perk her up (and it has) and will last 18 hours. She's to have two Danilon morning and night. She can move about the yard when she starts feeling better - and I have to give her antibiotics (luckily I can inject those and not have to worry about her refusing to eat them!!!). We managed to do them for Joe a few years back, so I am pretty sure we can manage the injection into her bum. (I will probably live to regret saying that!!!!!!).

Thank you all so very much for your kind thoughts. I am really feeling so happy (not happy that she's ill but relieved that things aren't worse!).
The bloods will be back later today or tomorrow morning - so fingers crossed.

:dance: not lammi - :poop: that shes feeling so poorly - hopefully the bloods will tell you more when they are back and you can get her feeling better soon.

So natural to panic and think the worst :cry:

Great its not lami :dance:

Hopefully you will get to the bottom of it soon when results back and at least in the meantime she will be feeling better with the injection etc and some rest :sleep:

I hope she perks up soon and it is good news, keep us posted and hugs to you both, sounds like you need it (can we have a hug smilie??) xx

Sorry I have just seen this as been really busy.

So pleased that Storm is OK and it is not Lammi. Infections are really common at the moment.

Fingers crossed that Storms picks up more over night.

What a relief that it is not laminitis, but I am sorry that Storm is feeling ill. Poor girlie.

I hope the injection and other meds sort her out in two shakes of a lamb's tail.

newrider.com