Healing vibes needed for star!!

ANN H

ANN H
Jan 19, 2005
Merseyside
Visit site
Got a call from a friend at our yard yesteday about 5.30. She'd gone down the road to the field to get the two geldings in, hers and a friend's, but one of them, Star, was cowering in the hedge right at the bottom of the field, shaking, sweating and swaying and his legs were all splayed. He was also covered in cuts, had a large abrasion on his shoulder and a bad slit in between his back legs. He's an elderly horse (25ish) and had also contracted mild colic due to the shock. They finally contacted his owner (she won't give out any personal details so none of us have her phone number), and she called the vet. It took four people to get him out of the field and down the main road back to the yard whilst being injected with drugs by the vet. He couldn't walk properly and kept falling back on his haunches. Apparently this morning he's all bandaged and lying down - poor thing. Can't imagine what happened to him, perhaps a dog got into the field, or he may have got caught in the little bit of barbed wire they have at the top end of the field. Please send some healing vibes his way.

Poor old dude :).

How strange about the owner not giving out her details :eek: ... Not sure I could live with that if I was YO!

Poor old man – everything crossed for him

I couldn’t live without someone having a contact for me – I would be worried senseless and would want to know anything that happened. Maybe you could persuade her to get a cheap pay as you go mobile that can just be used as a horse contact ? and won’t have any invasion of her other contactable means?

Poor old man – everything crossed for him

I couldn’t live without someone having a contact for me – I would be worried senseless and would want to know anything that happened. Maybe you could persuade her to get a cheap pay as you go mobile that can just be used as a horse contact ? and won’t have any invasion of her other contactable means?

Apparently its something to do with her being stalked by an old BF from some years ago. She's now only contactable through her current fiance. If it were me, I'd still give YO my details though.

Apparently its something to do with her being stalked by an old BF from some years ago. She's now only contactable through her current fiance. If it were me, I'd still give YO my details though.

Your like me – they are so important to me I would want nothing standing in the way of me being contacted.

Little update - Star was lying in his stable when I got there last night, being fed by hand cos he finds it difficult to get up. He only stands to shuffle round and lie down on the other side. He had cuts and abrasions (we still don't know how it happened), but had got over the colic which was caused by the shock of the incident. However, his front tendons have gone in both legs and the vet has said to give him till Friday and see how he is. If he's not standing comfortably by then, and his quality of life looks questionable, then they think it might be best to have him PTS.:(

newrider.com