Head turning - why?

carthorse

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
I have a theory on this but I'd love to hear any ideas people have.

Jim does kisses - full on, on the lips kisses that he's determined people will return. It sometimes takes a bit of explaining to people that ears back (but not pinned back), head stretched out & pointy nose in face is actually a friendly move & he won't go away until kissed! Now for everyone else he keeps his head straight but stretched out & often one ear forward & one flipped slightly back but for me he very often tilts his head completely sidewards, flips both ears further back & opens his mouth slightly. This becmes more pronounced if I'm doing something so the kiss isn't instant & he'll also head tilt & flip ears back if I'm in sight but out of reach & he wants attention. He never grabs, threatens or looks aggresive when doing this. Ideas? He obviously thinks twisting his head sidewards is very attractive :rolleyes:

Yep, tongues if he gets the chance :eek: :D. It pays to be careful with his feed, some things are horrid when you get them second-hand :eek:.

Oh wow - another ponio who kisses on command. My mare will kiss if you say 'pony kiss' a few times !! If shes not really wanting to you get a softish head butt instead -but the thought was there !!!

Skippys Mum if you think that's wrong you'd need a lie down in a dark room if I told you one of his other favourites!

littlepony it would probably be more accurate to say humans kiss Jim on command than the other way round :eek:

Hehe, a pony I used to know would just shove his nose in your face and hold it there for ages if he felt like it and wouldn't leave you alone unless you kissed him:p It's so adorable isn't it! And yeah.. tongues have been too close for comfort on occasion!

My old boy will very sweetly kiss your cheek for a carrot...mint....crisps....anything!!

My youngster has learned to do it too now, but afterwards he turns away, then brings his head back around - almost like he is embarassed for doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

My friend's youngster just rests his nose on your face-loves cuddles and kisses. Beau demands cuddles, too and has finally accepted that I need to frequently kiss his face! He does it to other horses in the field, now, nose to nose-very sweet!

All of them have their different little funny mannerisms-all cute, some more painful than others!

newrider.com