He wouldn't load...

Dark Storm

Well I'll be a Krampus's Auntie! :D!
Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
It was so upsetting, I just want to see him settled, and he was having none of it.. stubborn pony:cry:
Guess he's not forgot the last time he went in a box.. to have 'thee op'.. this time however, it was a trailer, so whether he didn't like it I don't know, but he sure made sure he wasn't stepping in it.. he wouldn't even look at it.. kept rearing and turning on the forehand.. and yes guys, everything was tried..
I'm getting in touch with my friend who has been out to him in the past over his feet, and try and get to the bottom of this new strange behaviour..
So he's back out in the field, for a re-think.. not sure whether I should wait to get my friend out first, before trying the box, in case it just makes things worse..
My thoughts are with his future owner tonight, she's probably devastated her new pony couldn't come:frown: I'm just so upset about how the situation just deteriorated, and Bailey wouldn't even look to me for help:frown:

So sorry things didnt go too smoothly *Hugs*

Can you not borrow a trailer to practice with for a week or two until hes gained confidence??

Im sure new owners understand, dont beat your self up to much. :smile:

xxx

We're going back to the box idea, he's defo loaded in this before, i'll load another pony with him if I have to, to keep him company:smile: I'm speaking to my friend later, he teaches Monty Roberts methods, and is his right hand man so to speak, and he's been a star with Bailey the couple of times I've had him before, so I'll try him again :smile:

I think it was a case of he either knows he's going, or he really thinks he's going back to the horsepital:unsure:

Since you are moving him to new home where they will be able to work with him I would suggest , with the knowledge of the new owners, you dose him up with Sedalin for transport. We have done it a couple of times when transporting difficult or young horses (one to the tip of Cornwall). It is actually far easier for them and the new owner than a wound up newcomer arriving. We actually carry Sedalin with us every time we travel anything as it is far better to use it say if held up in enormous traffic or (nighmare... in the event of a breakdown) than the horse being stressed.

We give the Sedalin in several small doses and monitor , only load the horse once it has taken effect and the horse is calm but alert. If you get it right almost all horses will walk quietly onto the transport and stay calm while traveling

Last edited:
Im sure with the help of sedalin, positvie thinking and fingers crossed he will load like a dream. Will keep everything crossed and will be thinking of you, :smile:

newrider.com