Having a fat & ugly day :(

Rubic

Equine Karaoke Queen
Apr 15, 2012
Glasgow
Today has just been one of those days!

I looked in the mirror this morning and just thought "argh!". The contraception I'm on has given me mild acne on my upper back and chest. I put a top on to wear to work and all I could see were these horrific big spots. So cue me getting a little upset and having to dig out something else to wear (the something else isn't something I like to wear but it was the first thing I could find and I was in a rush).

Then this afternoon, when I went to the loo, one of the buttons popped off my new jeans. Now my sensible head is telling me that actually the button looks a little faulty, it's like the backing and the actual button don't fit together well and they came apart. My insecure head is screaming "it's because you have put on weight". I've not been eating too healthily just now, mainly because I've been so busy and OH is unwell so I've just been grabbing convenience food when I can and normally that doesn't affect me too much because I have the horse to ride but right now she is out of work so not much exercise for me right now either.

ARGH!!!! I know it is pathetic but I just needed a moan about it! :cry:

Moan away. We all have days like that. I've been having a rubbish few week too but then I know that when I don't eat right its not just and gains that get me down, I get mood swings and feel bloated too and that gives me the right royal hump too!

Hope you start feeling a bit more positive soon and have time to get some good quality home cooked grub into you to make you feel better x

I'm having that sort of day too, trying to find something to wear to my boyfriends meal later and I look really really stupid in any dress, ahhhh.

Hope you feel better soon :cloud9:

Join the Health blog! in Members diaries.

Its the time of year to get up and make a fresh start.

Famous last words from me, I am up and down like a yo yo. Some folks are doing really well.

Im very lucky skin wise and think its cos I drink so much water :giggle:

I do have fat ugly days and alot recently as small so find it hard to get away with extra pounds that just cant shift as havent the motivation and will power when tired and stressed with work and so cold and wet :frown:

Moan away as know how you feel :poop:

Deep breath.....we all have days like this. Don't worry hun.:wink:

Maybe you should see your doctor again and review your contraception. There are lots of different options, so if you aren't happy you should go and discuss it with your GP.

I've been through a lot and I do think this (the implant) is the best option for me. Periods are much, much less painful (although erratic at the moment), it lasts for 3 years so I'm not having to remember to take pills or go for jags. I've only been on it for a few months and have been told it can take up to 6 for things to settle. The only downside for me so far is the acne, I might discuss it with GP next time I'm there and see if there is something that could be done to lessen it. Either that or I'm just going to have to put make-up over it.

Thanks everyone!!!! Glad I'm not the only one. Think I'm just more sensitive to stuff lkke this as a lot of things aren't going brilliantly right now!

I have days like that too! Thankfully since starting my diet I feel really positive and despite the odd hunger pang am coping very well. I was delighted to find my tightest jodhs loose yesterday!

Anyway, I have it on good authority that some jeans do have faulty buttons!!!!!!

I'm feeling even worse today! I look like :poop: I just want to curl up in bed and cry to be honest. I had a really healthy dinner last night (which also tasted nice so I'm proud I managed to make nice food!) and I'm being fairly healthy today but it's not really helping me feel better. I think I'm just in that "nothing you do will make a difference" frame of mind... hopefully it'll pass in a few days!

I'm feeling even worse today! I look like :poop: I just want to curl up in bed and cry to be honest. I had a really healthy dinner last night (which also tasted nice so I'm proud I managed to make nice food!) and I'm being fairly healthy today but it's not really helping me feel better. I think I'm just in that "nothing you do will make a difference" frame of mind... hopefully it'll pass in a few days!

Aw, I know, I've had my share of these days. It WILL pass. Think about your lovely horsey. Be kind to yourself when you can and take it easy. :smile:

I've been through a lot and I do think this (the implant) is the best option for me. Periods are much, much less painful (although erratic at the moment), it lasts for 3 years so I'm not having to remember to take pills or go for jags. I've only been on it for a few months and have been told it can take up to 6 for things to settle. The only downside for me so far is the acne, I might discuss it with GP next time I'm there and see if there is something that could be done to lessen it. Either that or I'm just going to have to put make-up over it.

Thanks everyone!!!! Glad I'm not the only one. Think I'm just more sensitive to stuff lkke this as a lot of things aren't going brilliantly right now!

Aww, hun. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your acne is probably only going to get worse :frown:

I had the implant for a good two years before my acne started, it started mild then progressed to full blown, painful, yuck....I didn't even realise it was happening as it happened so slowly. It took me removing the implant and a six month course of roaccutane to get rid of it (after trying everything else under the sun). I totally know how crappy it can make you feel and I would often be in tears in the mornings or getting ready for an occassion because I could never wear my hair up, or a strappy top, etc etc.

Go see your GP and get something done about it, there are loads of topicals that might work for you. But start looking now before it can really get hold. Have you tried the coil? Most of my friends swear by it.

Hope you feel better soon chick...go give Rubic a big cuddle :twins:

Aww, hun. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your acne is probably only going to get worse :frown:

I had the implant for a good two years before my acne started, it started mild then progressed to full blown, painful, yuck....I didn't even realise it was happening as it happened so slowly. It took me removing the implant and a six month course of roaccutane to get rid of it (after trying everything else under the sun). I totally know how crappy it can make you feel and I would often be in tears in the mornings or getting ready for an occassion because I could never wear my hair up, or a strappy top, etc etc.

Go see your GP and get something done about it, there are loads of topicals that might work for you. But start looking now before it can really get hold. Have you tried the coil? Most of my friends swear by it.

Hope you feel better soon chick...go give Rubic a big cuddle :twins:

Oh poo:poop:

I've heard horror stories about the coil particularly that periods can get heavier,longer and more painful and to be honest mine are bad enough as it is without that happening (I was having to take days off work and was doubled over in pain and felt very nauseous). If I can keep the implant (which is the only thing that has lessened the pain except from the injection which stopped them altogether but I felt really unhealthy on that) and reduce the spots then it'd be fine but I know I might have to either learn to deal with it or go back on the pill again.

If its any consulation trying being a size 18 and having your button ping off !:frown:

I agree about the coil. Ive never fancied the idea of that. I have an implant its the best thing ever for me! Im not sure if that is what has made me pile so much weight on or just general stress... or both ! I have heard it can be linked to weight gain so I dont suspose it helps matters!

I was told that too but I'm 100% sure my weight gain is linked to me not being able to ride Rubic right now and eating c**p convenience food and other junk:unsure:

I know in reality I'm not fat at all. I have put on a bit of weight and it is noticeable because I'm short and petite anyway.

When I feel crap about myself I go and get my hair cut. Having a nice hair cut always makes me feel better about myself.

If you are worried about the spots, go and see the doctor. There are loads of contraceptive options, you just have to find one which suits you.

Oh poo:poop:

I've heard horror stories about the coil particularly that periods can get heavier,longer and more painful and to be honest mine are bad enough as it is without that happening (I was having to take days off work and was doubled over in pain and felt very nauseous). If I can keep the implant (which is the only thing that has lessened the pain except from the injection which stopped them altogether but I felt really unhealthy on that) and reduce the spots then it'd be fine but I know I might have to either learn to deal with it or go back on the pill again.

Well, I think the IUD is the best thing ever - however, I have had a child, and am not sure if that makes a difference. It has never made any difference to how I am, it is no fuss, no nothing, and that is 16 years on. Obviously they are changed every 10 years!!!

But mine is just the simple one, not the one with added hormones, because I am not sure that is a very good way to go!!

newrider.com