Hat Head.....

nat17

Minnie, Sam and Dolly
May 30, 2002
Cotswolds
Visit site
Is there anyone else that gets the dreaded hat head/hair even if you were a vented hat and its cold?

My hair is always damp at the best, I see some ladies take their hat off and its like a bloody l'oreal advert... I get hat hair envy:furious:

Opps sorry I am one you will hate then, I have waist length hair that I wear either in a plait or a bun it looks the same before and after a ride.

I am never without my baseball cap. I switch from that to my riding hat and back again straight away. It keeps the back the wee flyaway bits I have shaped around my face and covers up the greasy mess that I've invariably not bothered washing because I know how stinky I'll get from riding. Par for the course!

Opps sorry I am one you will hate then, I have waist length hair that I wear either in a plait or a bun it looks the same before and after a ride.

I do the same, with similar length hair, and my fridge is plastered to my head and damp, frizzy and wild... I need your secret

I am never without my baseball cap. I switch from that to my riding hat and back again straight away. It keeps the back the wee flyaway bits I have shaped around my face and covers up the greasy mess that I've invariably not bothered washing because I know how stinky I'll get from riding. Par for the course!

Tis what I did yesterday to nip to the shop but when it warm I hate wearing a baseball cap...and I look like a boy as my long hair is plaited up:ninja:

Sorry that last sentence made me giggle. I have visions of all these woman with just had a shampoo and set hair on the yards.
My hair has just been layered, not sure how much difference that could make. But I look the same, windswept.

Can't complain atm as not riding so no hat hair at present,but for the fringe I love a clip,the little slidey ones,they are my best friend,up out the way,hair in pony tail,take pony out leave fringe back and off I go.

I have (very) short hair but still manage to get hat hair! but ... considering I pranced around in jods, chaps and a funny hat on my head anyway, a dodgy hairdo is the least of my worries :giggle:

I get a horribly sweaty head and keep Febreeze at the yard to spray in my hat to stop it, and subsequently my hair, stinking so much much. Nothing I can do about my hair 'style' though. I have mid length hair that should be straight so that's not an issue. The issue is my fringe which has a cow lick in it anyway and is dreadful after riding, I'm not that fussed about looks so don't really care. If I were that bothered I'd wet my fringe at the yard and blow dry it straight down again. There's only me and one other lady so I rarely see another soul and it wouldn't be commented on. I can't be arsed though!

newrider.com