Has anyone used Pax Aromatic Calming Fluid?

Sarah-B

Oct 8, 2005
Hampshire
It's an ancient method of bonding with your horse.

I had some of this years ago when I had my old horse, it was in a splash on bottle and smelt vaguely of Vicks Vaparub. You used to put a bit on your wrists and neck and the idea was that it masked the smell of adrenaline (or fear).

As a Nervous Nellie I used it when I got my previously naughty, nappy horse back from loan and he was always well behaved for me - but that could have been the schooling given by the girl who had loaned him.

I looked for it when I went back to riding last year and couldn't find it but recently my friend sent me a link here as it transpires that after a break they are making it again.

So I have succumbed and order a bottle - it's now in a spray which'll be better - and I wondered if anyone else has used it and if so what were the results?

yes, i used to use it when i was out competing regularly on my old pony. i too thought they'd stopped making it (i even held onto my old bottle of it just in case!) but in this weeks H&H theres an advert for it at the very back.

can't say i noticed much of a difference, but i think 'psychologically' i was more relaxed coz i was expecting this stuff to have an effect. my pony went better so don't know if it was down to the pax or my more relaxed state of mind.

Me is going to have to get some of that!!!! I am soooooooooo glad they have decided to start making it again!!!!!

Pax calming

Sounds brilliant. Think I am going to have me some of that especially after the weekend I have just had.

Stupid question here - I take it you just spray it on and wipe round your hands and still wear gloves?

Will give anything a go (well within reason!) ;)

the ad i saw yesterday in H&H implied it was a spray, but it used to come in a 300mL bottle and i'd dab it on pulse points with some cotton wool.

I bought some a couple of weeks ago. Not sure whats in it, but definitely herbal and smells strong but nice! I haven't had to use it in any really nerve wracking situations yet...but have to say that when i sniff it an odd warm feeling flows over me:eek: So....maybe works that way too. Can't hurt anyone to have a go!:)

newrider.com