Has anyone seen my mojo??

nat17

Minnie, Sam and Dolly
May 30, 2002
Cotswolds
Visit site
I seem to have lost my riding mojo at the moment, its not a confidence thing, just a cant be bothered thing...

Anyone seen it? Is it hanging out with yours?

I need a plan to find it again!

I have been on leave for a week and not ridden once, its been too foggy and wet but I even so I could have ridden today maybe..although the hunt have been here all morning so horses have been up and down so maybe not the best thing to ride anyway:yellowcarded:

It must have buggered off somewhere with mine - I can't find it for love nor money. I have no interest whatsoever in riding at the moment.... sad times.

Sometimes I make excuses when I really could have managed a ride - I am known for blaming the weather!!! It will come back - it's quality not quantity that counts, so just enjoy and don't think too deeply about it.

Well yours is obvouisly out having a party with mine.

I have been busy at work but even so haven't really been that bothered about riding for the last few weeks.

I went for a hack a few days ago but in the last two weeks have probably only ridden twice. Doesn't help all the field/tracks are slippy.

and it's cold and miserable at the moment.

My pony only has 3 shoes on so isn't happy being ridden, but I'm in for a treat monday when she'll have had a week off, feed and a clip :D Boiiiiing!:biggrin:

I hate riding when the weather is gloomy like this, unless I have a friend to go out with a make it a mounted natter.

So I empathise!

I always struggle with motivation Riding wise at this time of year! Although it's finally come back :) it will come back, sometimes your mojo needs a holiday too lol

I think its because I am a little stressed and preoccupied, I am working my notice at work, and come mid December I wont have a job... scary but also I could ride everyday then..

Never thought I'd be saying this but I stole it, i confess it was me! I didn't ride for two months during the summer and now I'm gagging to get out and about as much as I can. I believe that if I can equip myself with the right gear for the weather, even just a little potter around the stubble behind my field will do the power of good and I'm really enjoying my rides just now.
So did you decide to bite the bullet and go self employed Nat? We need an update, my nose is bothering me!!

Never thought I'd be saying this but I stole it, i confess it was me! I didn't ride for two months during the summer and now I'm gagging to get out and about as much as I can. I believe that if I can equip myself with the right gear for the weather, even just a little potter around the stubble behind my field will do the power of good and I'm really enjoying my rides just now.
So did you decide to bite the bullet and go self employed Nat? We need an update, my nose is bothering me!!

Well, I will have it back now then please... I have new birthday riding boots to try out:redcarded:

I didnt bite the bullet no, but I couldnt stay any longer and keep my sanity intact so I am looking for a new job whilst serving 3 months notice.

I would love to study FM, but cant afford it unless I am working, but I want a career change so desperately, I am really stuck in a rut. I have extensive experience in my field and do earn a lot of money doing it but it is not what I want to do forever, I would like to do a job I love that I am interested in.

So..job hunting still..to fund the study..to do a different job..:nerd:

I'm holding it hostage. How much is it worth lol?!!!

Good to hear you're making a break for it. I hope to follow your lead but I always joke at work that they will only get shot of me in a coffin or a straight jacket. I have no confidence that I'll ever escape but I don't know how much longer I can cope. Heh ho, its a job that pays for my mojo stealing :wink:. good luck with the job (and mojo) hunt.

I felt like that for a week or two but cortrasna gave me a kick up the bahoochie and i am back in the saddle again. I think you just need the right words now and again.

Mine disappears frequently, especially when the weather is rubbish and they are down the bottom field covered in mud.

I tend to get bogged down by just jobs, 'I must muck out', 'I must pooh pick', I must fix that fence' etc.

The only solution for me is to stick on my wet/bad weather gear, blank the 'jobs' grab a head collar, brush off the worst bits and get on with it.

Once I am in the saddle its fine and I feel much better:smile:

newrider.com