Has anyone ridden at Ribby Hall?

camel

Jun 9, 2006
Cheshire
Its near Preston lancs

..... Am planning on visiting there later this month and they have a HUGE horse (18+hh Full Shire) capable of taking me and my considerable bulk for a hack! ;) :D

XX

yeah I rode there about 6 years ago. Nothing spectacular just a pld around the place , not sure if they go out or not. I remember that one of the horses escaped and was trotting around the cars. Nice place. Enjoy!

Hi, I had a couple of hacks there last year, just before I got my own horsey!. I went during the week when it was quiet and it was just me and someone from the school, also on horseback. You hack in their own grounds and go all around the chalets on the little roads and there is also a wood at the back of the park which has trails through which is rather nice. There are bark bridle paths and there is also stretch where you can have a canter, the horses are well behaved and I enjoyed it. They also have an indoor school if you fancy having a lesson. Hope it all goes well and you have a good time:).

Ohh i had a hack and lesson there when i was 7ish while on holiday.
thats how i finally convinsed my parents to get me lessons.
Very well behaved horses and a lovely hack, mostly round the chalets as i was to young for the briddle paths for cantering, but i had a great time!

heyyy woooooo ! im going in summer 08 on the 18th of august i go every year just mainly for the riding i LOVE IT

HI there,

Just back from ribby hall the horse you are talking about is called Hazel and she is a lovely safe Hack. Riding School is very nice so are the people. I found the hacks a bit boring as you just ride around the campsite If we go back I will try lessons.

Hope you enjoy :)

wouldnt recommend the lessons,
i started having lessons there and quite enjoyed it but then it was only when i started having lessons with a different instructor i realised they actually had no idea what they were doing, generally an expensive waste of half an hour, :eek:

Hello, Me and my other half went there today, Alan rode Hazel, shes 18hh alan had trouble getting her to trot (shes a bit slow untill you show her the whip) lol.

We had an hours hack, should of just booked for half an hour tho as like others have said u just walk around the chalets Lovely place tho and i'd defo go back, Its a lot cheaper than the RS's around here!!

Enjoy :)

http://www.ribbyhall.co.uk ... a link to the holiday park that the stables is attached to.

Glad your OH enjoyed Hazel Baileyg:)

Thanks for all your replies, I didn't go in the end but hope to soon (my friends brother is the sales manager there) .... the ressurection of this thread will remind me to book in!!

xx

Ive told OT that next time we go we are going to stay in the holiday park for a couple of nights, It looks a lovely place :)

Let us know when you have booked and how you get on.

newrider.com