Has anyone got an endurance saddle ?

Toffee_Monster

Feb 13, 2008
Northamptonshire
www.flickr.com
I am currently looking at saddles as Molly could realy do with a new one (ours is a jumping one and not much jumping is done anymore)

I must say that a couple of endurance saddles have caught my eye recently. They look very comfy and soft and i wonder if one would suit me and Molly.
We hack probably 5-6 times per week, up to 3hrs a time, in all gaits (although Molly doesnt seem to know HOW to trot when hacking on grass )

We pop the odd log, go up and down hills, open gates, etc usual stuff really.
I dont show anymore and hacking is our main past-time

Would one of these suit us ?
Does anyone have one and what are your thoughts on them?

Thanks
Nat xx

I have an endurance type treeless saddle (actually 2 of them) but actually do endurance in a western saddle, and have done it in an english gp treeless saddle.

Don't know about treed endurance saddles, but my saddles are very comfy, not sure I could do the miles I do in a treed saddle anymore, would get a very sore bottom:eek:

I have the saddle company lightweight endurance saddle with suede seat and I love it for long rides.It looks very similar to a GP but the underneath flaps are much shorter than GP (to allow more contact with my horses flanks?)
I feel very secure and it is comfortable.
I have also started using treeless for hacking and like this, I admit, even more!

Are you talking treed or treeless?

As Sensation treeless saddles are based for endurance, they even have there own endurance team in canada solely using sensation saddles!

The English trail and Hybrid are commonly used for endurance
See my link below, I have both the English trail and Hybrid in stock for consultations / trials at the moment

I've ridden in sensation saddles for over 3 yrs, doing jumping (up to 2'3 - I'm a chicken to go higher but my sister has gone higher in the sensation saddle!)
I school, and do rides up to 20 miles - So if you have any questions about them I do have yrs of personal experience of them

Jill

Last edited:
I also have a saddle company endurance saddle. I really like it and use it for everything - hacking, dressage, jumping.

I have a Freeform treeless on trial at the moment and it looks like I'll be buying one:D. Its the comfiest thing I've ever sat on and my little horse is soo happy in it. Just to sort out a slight rub problem and I'll be sorted:D

Its not cheap though:(

newrider.com