Has anyone done this - rugging.

Ace87

Quitus & Strike
Aug 8, 2007
Bedfordshire
Q has all but annihilate the neck part of his MW combo. The body id passable with several repairs but doesn't leak and is safe etc. My question is this, can I cut the neck part off, sew the outer and inner layers shut then add edging/binding tape and a waterproof membrane underneath then reproof the rug?

Or should I just stop being so cheap and buy a new rug!!! Any recomendations on medium weight combo t/outs would be ace! :D

I like to think I would be thrifty and competent enough to fix it, but at the end of the day I wouldn't have the time or inclination to do it so I would buy a new one! My sewing is cr*p too! :eek:

I have a stable rug which has patches sown all over it, Big red stitches all over the straps and an old pair of jeans ironed on the underneith.

It was bob's first rug and I wont part with it, although I wont need to repair it again as he doent fit in it anymore Bless

You could buy a new neck cover and some D-rings, and sew the d-rings onto the rug....

While I am HUGELY in favour of make-do-and-mend, i do wonder if the amount of time and trouble such a job would cause you, would be out of all proportion to the cost of a new rug. Work out your hourly pay rate and figure out if a new rug would be cheaper!

If I could get a half decent mw combo for £40 I would be happy.. But I don't think I want a real cheap one but then if the others in his field are just going to rip it maybe I should!?

newrider.com