Has anyone done BHS Horse Owners Certificate, Level 1?

J

JumpingJazz

As I'm doing at the end of September.

I don't really know what you do there or anything. Do people teach you things, and what is the test like at the end? Do you have to do any writing?

I just want to know what you have to do before and in the test so I know what to expect.

By the way I'm going to an animal collage called Broomfield Collage to do my exam, just incase you were wondering.

Thanks. :)

i have!!i did all 4!!1 is quite easy n quite a lot of horse facts and stuff u do everyday with out thinking!!we took notes from the instructer, then you have a writen test which you need 60% to pass the instructer then marks the paper and sends int the BHS for remarking!!hope this helps!!:)

what kind of stuff do you do on the first one? does any RS do them or are there only a few that do?

Tanyajayne on here has done the Horse Owner's Certificate so you could try PMing her :) She really enjoyed it.
Me and Pixiebeater from here are doing a clipping course at Broomfield on 23rd and 24th September - it's supposed to be very nice so I'm sure you'll enjoy sitting the test there :)

I looked at doing it locally too, but wasn't sure what it entailed! lol
I'm not sure of the start date, and things have been a bit hectic recently so haven't had time to go to the college. :rolleyes:
Off to have another look :)

Fancy the riding and knowledge too but need to improve my canter first.

I've done 1-3 and it was really easy. 1 is basic common sense about horsecare which you will probably already know if you are around horses everyday.
Personally I think everyone should do something like it before they take on a horse.
Good luck

Est said:
Tanyajayne on here has done the Horse Owner's Certificate

Ye I've done level 1 and 2. I did the at eml's rs. They were very good as I hadn't looked after horses for about 15 years. Now I have my own horse I still sometimes refer to the notes.

newrider.com