Happyhacker and Joosie, help me out!

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
Listen, I want to learn why people think what they think, and learn what I don't know about horses!

You didn't like that dun traditional I posted the picture of. I agree they were rotten pictures - but what was it about the pone that put you off? Please do say, so that I can understand what I should be looking for.

Though of course if you just don't like hairies that's where we'll agree to differ! :wink:

I love a good hairy pony - hence Highland Rocky! No fine tbs for me - sorry tb owners

I dont know what it was, I often look at horses and say - hmmm, not sure why but I dont like the look of that one! Same with people actually - call it a gut feeling:smile:

It didnt help that they photos were awful, didnt like his head though:redface: but will go back and have another look at the pics and see if anything jumps out at me.

ETA - gone back to look and the advert is no longer there! Sorry

Last edited:
Aww bless you :wink: Well partly it was because the horse just isn't "my type", which is why I didn't look at him and go "oooooh". However, I am capable of looking at a horse that isn't "my type" and still seeing the good bits about it... In this case I just didn't see anything I liked. Secondly, the angle of the photos was (a) very unflattering and (b) made me wonder if there was something the advertiser was deliberately trying to hide. For me the photos someone uses to advertise a horse have an instant impact on what I think.

People have different tastes and saying "ooooh yes please" or "OMG no way" is usually more about personal preference / opinions than what you do or don't know about horses :)

newrider.com