Happy girl

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Jess has always been fiercely independent, bossy and had a huge personal bubble, ever since I brought her home as a yearling, but she and Bo were very close
4157649E-BBB7-4B0B-8EC2-7EA92D6DF867.jpeg
After he went she was so lost. But even he was rarely invited into her space, I think I saw them groom once or twice in the 10+ years they were together. She loves the little guys, but despite their best efforts she’s never groomed with them that I have seen. So this is huge, I’ve seen her initiating grooming with Niko every day for the past week
0317A68C-9610-44C0-8D9F-115A3E0859B9.jpeg
She still likes her personal space, she gets that every night when Niko is out on grass, but she really seems to like having him around 🥰 and she’s actually relinquishing a little of her control and letting him grow, she doesn’t dominate over him like she has with every other horse she’s ever met (and did with him until very recently). It’s only taken her almost 2 years to accept him 😆🤦‍♀️

That is so lovely to read. I'm glad Jess is finally relaxing with Niko and allowing herself to be happy.

Also have to say what a beautiful bum Niko has now 😍

Last edited:
Reactions: Jessey
Mine is the same.
It's not often she actually nickers to anyone else, accept when in season then she chats back.
Rarely seen her groom another, but she does like to chat over the gate, just as long as I don't have to live with them.

Mine is the same.
It's not often she actually nickers to anyone else, accept when in season then she chats back.
Rarely seen her groom another, but she does like to chat over the gate, just as long as I don't have to live with them.
Storm has to be forced to groom other horses. Zi makes her do it over the gate lol
She never once groomed Chloe in 12 years. But Zi groomed Chloe over the gate.

Mine is the same.
Aw nope, if Jess is the other side of a fence or gate she will normally take it out on her way though it to beat up the neighbours 🤦‍♀️ I have to double fence everything when she’s around, if she can’t touch she ignores them.

Mine ignores the neighbours, I have said hello on her behalf.
She's really loving at the moment though, in season.

Sid rarely grooms others though he accepts being groomed. But it is lovely to see Jess getting on so well with Niko.

And my goodness, he is taller than her now! He has grown and filled out so much.

newrider.com