happy birthday Rubic

joosie

lifelong sufferer of restless brain syndrome
Oct 28, 2004
New Zealand
Sorry it's late, I only just saw it was today! Hope you've had / are having a good day :smile:

Thanks so much! Car won't be fixed until next week but it is drive-able and lockable so I'm going up to the yard tomorrow to check Rubic (and get a much needed pony cuddle) and ride Honey pony hopefully, although the weather is taking a bit of a turn!

Met my mum for shopping, dinner and cocktails so it wasn't all bad but other than that I've had a kinda shitty day. My best friend didn't even remember and she has been texting me all day moaning about her job and cancelled plans for next month and is already trying to change the plans for this weekend. I think I need new friends :frown:

Happy belated birthday Rubic, sounds like you had a lovely time with your Mum at least, hope you get your car sorted soon and you definitely need new friends. x

Thanks everyone :smile: Having a much better day today!!! :biggrin:

Went up to the yard this morning so had pony cuddles from Rubic and then rode Honey in the school in the sunshine. We are working on her canter, just allowing her to take a couple of strides of canter and then back to trot etc and she was fab. Then I went up to my old school friend's salon and got my eyelashes and eyebrows tinted. Now I'm finishing decorating and cleaning for my friend coming down. She has apologised for being a bit moody yesterday (and she thought my birthday was today!).

Last edited:
Thanks everyone :smile: Having a much better day today!!! :biggrin:

Went up to the yard this morning so had pony cuddles from Rubic and then rode Honey in the school in the sunshine. We are working on her canter, just allowing her to take a couple of strides of canter and then back to trot etc and she was fab. Then I went up to my old school friend's salon and got my eyelashes and eyebrows tinted. Now I'm finishing decorating and cleaning for my friend coming down. She has apologised for being a bit moody yesterday (and she thought my birthday was today!).

Can I thread hi jack?!
Are your eyelashes dark to start with? Does it mean less mascara?

Can I thread hi jack?!
Are your eyelashes dark to start with? Does it mean less mascara?

Yes, I don't wear mascara every day because I'm too lazy, my eyelashes are quite dark anyway but this has darkened them (particularly bottom lashes which look a bit lighter/thinner) and brightened my eyes up. It's a blue/black dye that was put on them. They obviously don't look as long and thick as they do when I put mascara on. My brows are a light brown to start with and look quite thin, especially to the outside. They are a little darker now and look so much better and it definitely brightens my face up and makes my eyes look more awake! Basically it makes me look less like a zombie! Well worth getting it done (I'd say get your brows done too, I was a bit nervous as I didn't want to look like I had caterpillars but they look really nice)

Yes, I don't wear mascara every day because I'm too lazy, my eyelashes are quite dark anyway but this has darkened them (particularly bottom lashes which look a bit lighter/thinner) and brightened my eyes up. It's a blue/black dye that was put on them. They obviously don't look as long and thick as they do when I put mascara on. My brows are a light brown to start with and look quite thin, especially to the outside. They are a little darker now and look so much better and it definitely brightens my face up and makes my eyes look more awake! Basically it makes me look less like a zombie! Well worth getting it done (I'd say get your brows done too, I was a bit nervous as I didn't want to look like I had caterpillars but they look really nice)

Sounds good! I have quite thick lashes and they are quite dark, but mascara really brings them to life, but, I am terribly lazy about removing it at night and wondered if there might be an easier way..................Can't quite decide with eyebrows - I invested in a mini kit which has wax and colour and you just mix the two together for definition. I would have to be feeling very brave to have them coloured.........lol to the caterpillar descripton! heheheee:tongue:

Sounds good! I have quite thick lashes and they are quite dark, but mascara really brings them to life, but, I am terribly lazy about removing it at night and wondered if there might be an easier way..................Can't quite decide with eyebrows - I invested in a mini kit which has wax and colour and you just mix the two together for definition. I would have to be feeling very brave to have them coloured.........lol to the caterpillar descripton! heheheee:tongue:

It isn't too expensive. It cost me £22 to have my brows and lashes done and it will last 6-8 weeks. tends to be about £10-12 to get your lashes done and around the same for brows. Honestly I was so worried about getting my brows done but the woman who did them was so reassuring and didn't go too dark with them so they look natural. I have dark hair anyway but my eyebrows were quite fair in comparison so it definitely balances them out and I actually think that if someone who didn't know what I looked like before saw me they wouldn't think I'd had it done :wink:

They look really good! You have lovely hair too - you are very lucky to have it a natural colour that is so nice. I used to pay a fortune to get mine your colour:tongue:

Haha thanks, it is dyed. My hair is a mousy brown normally so I dye it to make it a richer colour:wink:

newrider.com