Happy Birthday Fleurette

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
The birthday girl is one year old today, i will never forget her birthday, given the shock of it all!

My OH is 6ft tall so you can see how big she is.....

She refused to eat her birthday treat - sugar donuts - being a well brought up girl who doesn't do junk food.

DSC02415_zps373cacab.jpg

DSC02416_zps35098d15.jpg

DSC02417_zps4b7e5116.jpg

DSC02418_zps52c59d10.jpg

DSC02419_zpsb532fd4e.jpg

Her mum had gone out but came back in as no one else had come out as OH had forgotten to tell me he had got the donuts so i went back up to get them. Suze came back on the yard, heard the gate click, thought it was a stranger as she thought i was probably in one of the stables i.e. down at the yard. She leapt in the air, snorting, ran around very scared, till she saw me when she stopped. I walked over, gave her a donut, and put her back out again. What on earth have people done to this mare.

Foally very carefully sniffed the donuts, tried a little piece and spat it out....oh well can't please everyone! The donkeys thought donuts were good, Rose and Molly had 2, Leo less impressed as they got stuck on his teeth. Suze had one but didn't want a second, so her birthday tea this afternoon we will have to try something else.

I remember her birth so vividly, going up to the barn, Vodka callling frantically, expecting a broken leg or something similar as it was a panic call, everyone still standing, then seeing all this blood in Suze's stable and wondering what the heck she had done to herself, then finally seeing a wobbly very wet foal. Given the length of her legs, thank god Suze managed to foal on her own. I have never been so scared in my life as i looked at them both and wondered ok, what do i do next?

Fleurette is a super chilled little lady, quite the best foal we could ever have wanted, and Suze, well, she is at least in a better place than she has been for most of her life.

Frances144

Remember me?
Dec 21, 2011
Shetland, UK
www.myshetland.co.uk
Gosh a whole year.
Look at what you've achieved.

I think you deserve a donut too.

(I gave Haakon a Co-Op chocolate muffin for his birthday. He thought it was disgusting. The Bernese Dog ate it, but she would eat cat shit!) :ninja:

volcy

Cob Collector
Nov 6, 2008
E Sussex
Happy Birthday Fleurette! She's a beautiful young lady!

I bought May apple pies last year and she spat it out but then she ate OH inedible flap jack recently :mask: so no accounting for their taste sometimes!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
What a lovely happy thread - and happy birthday Fleurette!! Indeed, what a shock you must have had back then - you've coped marvellously. Just going to show OH this thread too.

Flipo's Mum

Heavy owner of a Heavy
Aug 17, 2009
Perthshire, Scotland
Happy Birthday Fleurette! Lol I would have had exactly the same response upon discovering a blood soaked baby in the stable where previously there was none! Hope you find something more appreciated for birthday tea. We usually do sweetheart stout laced bucket feed with lots of carrots and apples. Although is fleurette old enough for alcohol lol!

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
She has such a lovely face, very Comtois, though the rest of her is all classy hunter (if a bit mismatched at the moment :wink:).

What a lucky, lucky girl Suze was to come to you to have her baby. Fleurette will never experience the things her mum has.

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
Happy birthday Fleurette! My word she is a big girlie isnt she?? You have done wonders with her this last year and with Suze......I think you deserve the biggest treat of all, a huge fresh cream cake?:smile:

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
she has had her birthday tea with Mackeson stout and some grated carrots and apples, she is very Amish in her palate, prefers plain food...hopefully it will be gone by morning.

the donkeys had a good party and enjoyed their beer, they love a tipple, and mummy Suze was seen tucking into hers with gusto.