Hank's new career driving

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Hank loves having a job, took him out in harness with a tyre in tow today and he was a little superstar :D im really excited to get him hitched in the cart, after a bit more practice.
I plan to keep tugging the tyre about, then add some pretend shafts (will probably use a couple of broom sticks) to get him used to having something along his sides and hopefully curb his little habit of stepping his bum to the side when we stop so he can peek over his shoulder to see if a treat might be coming his way :rolleyes: he's such a dude :D
IMG-20160102-WA0000.jpg IMG-20160102-WA0003.jpg IMG-20160102-WA0005.jpg IMG-20160102-WA0004.jpg

He really does love the job, was being a bit of a muppet this morning but he sees the bag of harness and does his grow'd up big boy impression and struts his stuff. He stands rock solid while I harness him, not even tied up :) even when the tyre caught on something and flipped over he never missed a beat, just kept walking :)

Aww, what a little cutie!! He looks happy and calm.

Actually, I've spent most of the holidays watching Barry Hook videos on you tube. If you haven't heard of him, he ( and his partner Mel) does some amazing work in teaching or retraining horses to drive. He doesn't make "how to" videos as he tailors his training to each individual horse. The vids are made mainly for his customers to see how their horses and ponys are progressing but I love watching them and have picked up some little nuggets of wisdom from him. All the horses are in soft rubber bits.

I like this one too:

Last edited:
Wow he looks like a pro! I'd love to have a mini one day as a companion for ale, od probably only take it for walks and long rein, but can't wait to see Hank pulling you in a cart!

Reactions: Stamper and Jessey
Friend's horse went to him to train........can't say I was impressed.......

I think my lass is relieved the bells have gone off hers :)
She files inhand under "no work" although we go further :)

newrider.com