Hands cured by magic!!

Sarah_Sayers

Nov 15, 2006
Great Yarmouth
I always ride without gloves, I just thought I could feel the contact better, or something. Just prefered it.

However, due to a night out and painted nails, I rode on Saturday with gloves. My instructor said that my hands were very quiet, perfect in fact!!! Although I know we weren't perfect of course, but I was still pleased to have improved. More importantly, to have improved, with no extra effort!!!

I think not being able to feel the reins so much helped me to stop fiddling. Just thought if anyone else struggles with hands and didn't wear gloves, might fancy giving it a go.

(Of course, it might also just have been a one off, but I hope not!)

I wear very thin leather gloves, don't like riding without gloves.

Gives you alot more grip or something and the reins only slide through your hands when you want them to, so you are more consistent.

I also ride with gloves and I feel that it helps me but it doesn't really impair feeling much. I can still feel with the reins. I started wearing them because I rode horses that would lean on my hands or pull on me and my hands hurt afterwards. As long as they fit it should still allow you to feel once you are used to it. I never ride without them.

I love gloves!!
I won't ride without them. I keep three pairs in my locker at all times lol
And by the end of summer I have one hilarious glove tan!

newrider.com