Hand/Foot Warmers

I don't know if this is at all what you mean but my Mum bought me and OH both the gel hand warmer things for our stockings last year at Xmas. You snap them and they heat up and defrost your hands at the stables! They are fab. Last for hours and then you boil them and they re-set.

Sorry if that's not what you meant as I don't know how they would warm you feet hehe!

I don't know if this is at all what you mean but my Mum bought me and OH both the gel hand warmer things for our stockings last year at Xmas. You snap them and they heat up and defrost your hands at the stables! They are fab. Last for hours and then you boil them and they re-set.

they were what i was thinking of. aka 'hot ice', it's not a gel but a supersaturated solution. The 'click' provides a seed for the recrystallisation of the chemical in the solution. we do an experiment at school using it :) I find these kind of warmers very effective, i've slipper socks with pockets in them that you put the warmers in, lovely and toasty!!!

I second the vote for 'Little Hotties' we have boxes of them here and they are excellent - much better than the ones you boil and 'click'

they get :hot::hot::hot:

Thanks all....have bought a box that juliecwuk posted a link to:smile:.

Just in time looking at the weather forecast.:cold:

I would love some of the motor cycle ones powered by battery, a friend has a heated body warmer with batteries in the pocket. In the meantime I have neoprene boots and gloves and use the Tesco gel warmers in really cold weather.

I didn't get on all that well with hand warmers when I tried them - but perhaps I ought to give them another go.

I use the Cura Heat back pads if I'm out in the cold. They last over 12 hours and I find that if my core is heated nicely, the extremeties can manage with good socks and gloves.

Last edited:
we buy ours from Costco - they are about £11 for the whole box. Not sure if they have them this year though, i will have to phone them and see.

:stomp:
Sorry if that's not what you meant as I don't know how they would warm you feet hehe!

I have them!! 3quid from rideaway:)

newrider.com