Halloween?

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I know in past years some people on here have done Halloween rides. Are any of those still going ahead? Or is it just not happening this year? Just curious really. I feel a bit out of sorts with the season in general and wondered if life was going on as normal in that sense? Maybe those on yards will still be doing something? Just curious really. I'm going to put my decorations up anyway in the house. Lol I don't think the flashing pumpkin lanterns would go down well with Storm. I was going always going to hang them outside her box but I doubt if she'd like them. Zi would try and eat them I think.

Reactions: Huggy
I'm afraid I don't celebrate Halloween. I think it's an unnecessary gimmick. Very lucky to live in the middle of nowhere, so we thankfully don't get bothered by trick or treaters either.

Reactions: GaryB
Another that doesnt partake. I get the dressing up having fun. Dont get the knocking on peoples doors for sweets bit.

Think billy would freak if i rode him in some flappy costume.

No, we don't bother with Halloween either. Every year I get a few bags of treat sweets and we always end up eating them ourselves. There aren't really any kids round us, we live in the old people's end of the village lol. I've seen some posts on our village FB page about ideas for the kids for Halloween but I've skimmed past them to be honest. Might still get the sweets in though ... yum ?

Im a miserable baggage where Halloween is concerned, I never understood trick or treating, thankfully we are tucked away in the very corner of a quiet cul de sac and we’ve never had any one knock the door.
I don’t do Halloween rides either, I’m usually out and back before most of the other liveries even get to the yard, especially on a weekend.

Reactions: Trewsers
My yard are doing Halloween games for the kids, which I think is nice. I watched a not very scary Halloween film the other day, that's my limit. Can't stand scary films, gory costumes etc. Tell a lie I ate some pumpkin shaped chocolates the other day and those were pretty good!!

Another that doesnt partake. I get the dressing up having fun. Dont get the knocking on peoples doors for sweets bit.

Think billy would freak if i rode him in some flappy costume.
Lol Storm would have gone potty if I’d worn a costume! They talked about dressing up on one yard we were on but I didn’t dare get involved.

My yard are doing Halloween games for the kids, which I think is nice. I watched a not very scary Halloween film the other day, that's my limit. Can't stand scary films, gory costumes etc. Tell a lie I ate some pumpkin shaped chocolates the other day and those were pretty good!!
Lol nothing wrong with pumpkin shaped choccies! I used to l ike a scary film but they are rare, they just don’t seem scary now.

Im a miserable baggage where Halloween is concerned, I never understood trick or treating, thankfully we are tucked away in the very corner of a quiet cul de sac and we’ve never had any one knock the door.
I don’t do Halloween rides either, I’m usually out and back before most of the other liveries even get to the yard, especially on a weekend.
They used to do loads of trick or treating on the estate we first lived on, drove us mad!!! Specially when older kids didn’t even bother dressing up. I’m more tolerant now though and if the younger kids have dressed up it’s not too bad.

No, we don't bother with Halloween either. Every year I get a few bags of treat sweets and we always end up eating them ourselves. There aren't really any kids round us, we live in the old people's end of the village lol. I've seen some posts on our village FB page about ideas for the kids for Halloween but I've skimmed past them to be honest. Might still get the sweets in though ... yum ?
Yes yes get the sweets!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Bodshi
I like the decorations in the house, digging ours out today. Zi would look good dressed for Halloween he suits both orange and black?

As I normally organise monthly rides, Octobers is normally a Halloween fancy dress one but I've organised no rides this year, between Jess' retirement and Covid its not felt very possible. I could have taken Hank in hand like last year but I wasn't feeling it, a pic from last year just cause :D
C327F7F7-7162-4765-AB00-33F8BD8ADF4F.jpeg

I'm not a huge fan, but my daughter's birthday is 1st Nov, so when she was young, we always got roped into fancy dress parties for her. We get a few neighbour's kids most years, but this year I've bought a pumpkin shaped pail, and I'll stick it on the front steps for them to help themselves - covid and all that. OH is very scroogey about it, so he'll be happy not to answer the door!

I'm not a huge fan, but my daughter's birthday is 1st Nov, so when she was young, we always got roped into fancy dress parties for her. We get a few neighbour's kids most years, but this year I've bought a pumpkin shaped pail, and I'll stick it on the front steps for them to help themselves - covid and all that. OH is very scroogey about it, so he'll be happy not to answer the door!
A pumpkin shaped pail no less! Lol what's not to like!

Are your husband and myself related Huggy? ?

• Haha
Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com