Half way through the year, what's different with you

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
I was looking through the hacking thread and just musing.

I have changed her hi viz from from it was.
Her saddle has changed from what it was 😂 😂
I am allowed to ride her if she's comfortable.
Her hoof capsule has completely grown down, just seeing what the toe does.
We've got company as someone has moved in.

The not so good - but it's working out.

We do our own water, she's got a groom, I am able to push it half way up the hill as it's dried up.
Got messed about with moving fields and she's on a set up I didn't plan, but that's working out. It's giving me the chance to have her on a track/loafing area and the amount I am walking around between the water, poop and moving fencing she should be!!
Landowner sprayed the clumps of docks and nettles, in the summer paddock. I am left to do the rest by hand. I can't decide where to put this as the rest is a two acre field.
However I am clearing behind her, she's nibbling the nettles, I can see any ragwort rosettes as we go. On a nice day I take my lunch and sit and look at the views. It's not a weedy field as between us we've kept on top of it.

Reactions: MrA
OMG half way through the year! And I have been out of action for 6 weeks of it already!

Different for us is mostly about me. My sharer seems to have settled with Sid and come to appreciate his many sterling qualities, and she loves riding out with Christine and Sonne. The yard is a more social place for me as well as somewhere I can be with the horses. I really like that, and I like having two young friends (in their 20s). It entertains me to shock them 😁!

I have money worries but I am holding them at bay at present because honestly, with only one leg there's not a lot I can do about them...

I feel like I’ve made huge steps forward with Monkey, a stumble this past week but it’s just that. He turning into a really lovely person, he just needs some wider experience now.

I’ve made the decision that after 3 years of retirement Jess will be coming back into light work as she has been very sound for the last year and coped incredibly well with travel and exercise this weekend, and most importantly she came to life at going in the trailer and out into the forest.

Hank and Dan are doing great, although Dan had a blip 2 weeks ago he’s good now. Hank has let me put bug cream in his ears for the first time in 11 years 😮

I have a new boss who i can’t stand, and I’m not loving my job anymore because of it. But hopefully he or I will be moving on soon 🤞

I’ve also got on the internet dating bus, it’s bloody awful but that’s the way the world works now days! 😜

Not a great deal with Ale, but I'm happy about that, I like that things are consistent and steadily continuing as they are. He's one happy boy!

I have a cat
PXL_20240603_174304488.jpg

I'm 6 weeks from finishing my first year of veterinary nurse training!!

Nice idea for a thread ☺️

Not a great deal with Ale, but I'm happy about that, I like that things are consistent and steadily continuing as they are. He's one happy boy!

I have a cat
View attachment 123495

I'm 6 weeks from finishing my first year of veterinary nurse training!!

Nice idea for a thread ☺️
Wow that's great.
Almost finished the first year.

Lovely cat.

Reactions: MrA
I cant believe the first 6 months have gone so fast - they say it happens as we get older but I think its more like the weather just feeling like groundhog day for most of it so far!

Biggest change, I now have 2 horses not 1! The new addition is a wonderful character and whilst I didnt really intend to get a 3 year old Im happy I did for now.

IMG-20240602-WA0000.jpg

I was also put at notice of redundancy last october. They finally told me at the end of May I was no longer on the list, so a change but not a change, which i am very relieved about.

Lovely to read everyone.
I do think time goes faster, but we get ourselves into a routine and the days run away with us.
We all had a wet yuk winter and we've all come out looking for the sun.
It's arrived here but so had the wind. Not complaining. 😂

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com