Hadrian's Cavalry 2017

She was actually a Celtic goddess - the Romans appropriated a few of our deities!

Almost all Gods were regularly nicked from other people.
One learns the Roman Gods at school and then grows up and finds they had temples to quite different Gods. A lot of Roman cavalry men at Hadrian's Wall were German anyway -
Just seen a BBC German co production TV documentary on the Celts - They hung the heads of their defeated enemies from the necks of their horses. OH and I have a different understanding -He thinks the Celts collected heads and preserved them. I thought it meant the heads of defeated Romans were hung round the necks of the horses they had ridden.
Anyway we are going. I want to see this lady while I have the chance.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/71/Epona.jpg/220px-Epona.jpg
I rode Grace today - she is back in work, she is beautiful and riding her is definitely God-like.

Blimey Skib what fantastic events up on the Wall! Amazing! I want to get up to one or two of them but I don't expect I will.

I love how Epona is holding a basket for the horses' food. At least I think that's what it is. Please tell us all about it!

newrider.com