had the phisio out to honey

xox stace xox

Honey's Golden Surprise
Oct 23, 2006
but i dont know what to make of it. As my YO said she would never let him touch her horses and would of said something but he was recomended to me by my RI who also uses him, but becasue ive never seen it done i didnt know what to expect

heres the verdict

i had to walk and trot her up and down and omg she looked slightly lame :(

but he felt her neck, withers, back etc and she was very tender and put hers back squeeled, showed teeth and dipped loads. her left side is worse which explains her canter issues as that is is the rein she struggles on. we spoke about saddle etc cos she does have rub mark where the saddle has been but ive since changed the gullet. then he started his work first at the top of her neck near her head he felt for the pain and wacked it several times , you could really tell she was in pain but eventually she started licking and chewing he moved to her other side of neck where she wasnt as tender but still sore ( he also says this maybe causing her to put her head to the side when we ride) when he got to the withers she was terrible i had to hold her she kept trying to kick him which she never does, squeelled , bit me lol spinning round trying to run off, but he carried on. my arms were apsolutly killing at the end trying to hold her still lol

he gave me a few exercises to do and said to give her some time off
and he should be back in 6 months

so i need a new saddle lol, or someone to check it

so im in need of another saddle baring in mind my dad paid a lot about 11 months ago for a wintec Cob saddle :(

Aw hun I know how you feel. Poor Honey! I had a physio out for my lad the other week and found out he was really sore and it explained a few of his behavioural problems :( Due to his "new" saddle! Even though it was fitted literally a 2/3 months ago, it doesnt fit anymore. I rely on my parents to pay for things too, so I feel awful that they're going to have to pay out for a new saddle. :eek: We're getting a treeless though which will hopefully avoid any saddle fitting malfunctions in the future! We are also having time off probably the whole winter, to build up the right muscles and give his back a break. This also gives me time to save up to pay for abit of the saddle haha. Anyway, hope your girl feels better soon!!

oh thanks for that, i too have been thinking of a treeless saddle but i dont have much expirience with them, so wouldnt have a cle what size to get lol
hope yours comes right soon too :D

Mm, the treeless thing is abit of a minefield! Theres loads of options. Start researching on the net about different makes and fitting etc. I think the most important thing to bear in mind is they need proper padding, and depending on your horses shape it might also need shims which are extra padded bits.

The sounds like an extreme sport rather than physiotherapy. So physioXcore. :p Glad that shes feeling a bit better. Do you have to have follow up appointments forever now or just that 6 month check up?

newrider.com